Glen Laurel - 2 houses burned by arsonist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, May 2, 2010.

1. shelly3

shelly3 Active Member

Yes, I live in Glen Laurel but not in the new section.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Sorry, did not mean for you to post on the board.

Sherry

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I was just thinking, you two might want to take it to PMs.

4. Sherry A.

Already done my dear friend. I caught it just in time, I think.

Sherry

5. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Investigators plead for information about arsons

I found these statements in the article very interesting:

Last month, police charged a 13-year-old from Clayton with starting a fire that damaged an unfinished day-care center off of Vinson Road. No arrests have been made in the other cases, and Allen said investigators believe the same person or persons are responsible.

Willie Henderson said he used to jog in the Glen Laurel area at 4 a.m., but he has stopped because of the fires. During the meeting last week, he told the police chief that one morning he saw a teenager and wondered what a youngster would be doing out so early in the morning.

They can't name this person because of being a minor, but I was just wondering if maybe some of the residents in the area know who this is. Not suggesting anyone should post it here, but maybe the neighborhood watch should speak to Mr. Henderson and find out if his description matches the suspects. That might help Glen Laurel residents focus their attention in the most likely places.

6. Sherry A.

Josey,

Most in this neighborhood know who the 13 year old is whose dad and grandfather turned him into the police. People have a suspicion on who might have been with him but suspicion and fact are two different things, as you know.

Don't know anything about the teenager.

Community Watch is in full force trying to help.

Sherry