Shiny Red Convertible...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by hhicshg, May 2, 2010.

1. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

How many young people have lost their lives or been hurt very badly in the last couple weeks here in JoCo?
    Yesterday afternoon dd and I were coming home from Clayton and were in a bit of a hurry. We came to the intersection to turn onto the road where I live.
    In the middle of the intersection was a shiny red convertible that looked like a new Sebring doing "donuts", spinning tires, radio turned wao and laughing away. DD honked the horn as we approached. I don't know if they were having such a great time that they didn't hear us or just "knew" we would stop since there was a sign there. They just kept on untll we had stopped for a few seconds. Then they floorboarded it and took off like a bat out of hades. DD went after them to try to get the license number but we could not get close enough. They not only endangered anyone on that road but the game they were playing left them wide open for rolling that shiny red car and killing themselves. We just let it go and came on home since we chose to stop at signs and look for traffic. We did call 911 but I do not know if any action was taken.
    I know that everyone on this board tries to instill safety in their kids but if that had been my young driver and I found out about those fun antics, he/she would not drive while living with me.
    Keep your eyes open even wider, they just don't seem to learn very fast.
    :cuss:

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Think I know the teen that drives that car. Will call his parents tonight to check in and see what's on his fb as well. If it was him and he says a word to anyone surely we will find out and I'll be the bad mom. :mrgreen:

Thanks for letting us know.

Sherry

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I heard very similar reports about a similar car from a couple of people last summer. This was along Lee Road.

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Couldn't have been a Sebring. Those are front wheel drive. Well, not unless they were doing donuts in reverse. If they are going to cut up like that, they should at least find an abandoned parking lot somewhere. The middle of intersections are not an appropriate place to do donuts.

5. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I don't know that is was a Sebring. I just thought it looked like one. I am getting old and there are just too many makes and models for me identify them anymore especially when the rear end is going in fast circles. lol

6. Sherry A.

Thanks for the PM. Already talked to the other boy's parents and he was grounded around that time. Glad to know that.

Sherry

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'd guess a big problem with the teens just learning to drive is that they are in such a big hurry to grow up, they assume they have a right behind the wheel and develop an arrogance that they are perfect drivers incapable of mistakes. Matter of fact, many adults keep that mentality. I can't remember who said it once, but whoever it was stated that there was two things people didn't want to accept being: bad lovers and bad drivers.

When it comes to your kids, I think parents are likely too quick to turn them loose. Parents should regularly ride with their teens, letting them drive. Furthermore, they shouldn't do so much lecturing but casually talking and observing their abilities behind the wheel simply as a passenger. Long before they get their license and are still using a permit, they should be driving with mom or dad everywhere they go, cementing those driving skills in bright sunlight, at dusk or dawn, during rain, snow, etc.

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

The excuse I have been given from some mothers...are "It's in the chicken nuggets at McDonalds."

9. flutebandmom

flutebandmom Member

If anyone knows the parents of students at WJHS that drive a gray Charger and a white Tacoma, please call them and let them know their kids were driving like idiots on Raleigh Road this morning on the way to school. My daughter was driving at the speedlimit when these 2 vehicles passed her one behind the other at a high rate of speed. The Tacoma had to whipped his truck very quickly back in front of her to avoid hitting cars head-on coming from the other direction. Obviously, they didn't make it to school any fast than she did except for the driver of the Charger who ran the red light to turn left into the school.

10. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

Car 54, where are you????

Where, oh where, are the police?

11. Sherry A.

Laughed.....I remember that.

Sherry

12. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

There's a hold up in the Bronx,
    Brooklyn's broken out in fights.
    There's a traffic jam in Harlem
    That's backed up to Jackson Heights.
    There's a scout troup short a child,
    Kruschev's due at Idlewild
    Car 54, Where Are You?

I had to look up the words, but I remember the tune!

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

me too:lol: