Shout Out To NCSSM!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., May 4, 2010.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

You guys won the Science contest and had Michelle Obama congratulate you. Whoo Hoo!

My daughter knows some of those on stage and our family is proud of you and I am proud of the parents who worked hard for this.

Anyone ever see these kids working on these projects? It is unbelievable and I certainly keep my mouth shut because they know what they are doing. The year they made the machine that could go in all directions and pickup balls was awesome. I would have done a few different things and I told them. The machine should have been tied dyed, peace signs on the wheels, etc. tee hee

Sherry

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

yes, they are awesome! hubby and i are alums. the school's changed quite a bit since then. i hear they are threatened with budget cuts just like the other university schools (they are part of the state university system rather than public schools even though they are high school). hopefully this win will help them with corporate funding to supplement that loss. shew! can you imagine being that focused in high school on something other than prom? :)

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Proud of both you and your husband. Yes, they are threatened by the cuts. I believe after this year no more of the automatic college money either. What a shame these kids work so hard.

James Carville, Democratic Strategist, hires interns from that school and thinks they are the brightest.

Sherry