Fashion Advise Needed!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HidesinOBX, May 5, 2010.

1. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I have a navy blue dress w/ a white collar I want to wear...I can't find any navy blue shoes. What color shoes would go with this dress? Black? Brown? HELPPPPPPPP! It's for a very somber occasion, so red is out. Thanks!

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I get practice with those type of questions from my wife. I would think that a cream or beige would look okay.

3. HidesinOBX

Thanks Jester... good ideas! I was expecting something like combat boots... :mrgreen: I appreciate the input!

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

What kind of dress? A sping/ summer dress or a professional type dress?

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I can pick out colors pretty well, but I've learned that me and her differ on styles. I try to push for the heels and she sticks more with the flats. :)

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

silver! I have many dresses with navy, navy slacks, navy capris...and I have silver sandals and they go perfect....

brown would be my second choice

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  7. HidesinOBX

I am going to a funeral...I am really thinking that silver or red might be a bit much.

8. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I think silver or gold would be fine. As long as they arent hooker looking you will be ok :) LOL now if you are dead ( sorry for that word) set on a basic color, I have always been told that you can wear black (shoes) with blue (clothes) but not blue (shoes) with black (clothes).

9. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wear beige if the dress has a white collar. I would go with Kell's suggestion.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

So I guess these would be a little out of line for a funeral?

[​IMG]

11. HidesinOBX

LMAO.... unless I wanted to "work" the room afterwards...Hmmmm! I do need some extra cash! I needed that laugh! Thanks!

12. HidesinOBX

So brown or black would work? I agree with the silver, but I need to get something that I know I would wear again...my job is shorts and t-shirts atmosphere, so I don't regularly dress up for any thing...

13. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

BUT, if you could find you a cute pair of flat non flashy silver/gold sandals you could always wear them with some nice shorts and fitted/semi fitted tshirt :)

14. KellBell

silver is actually a neutral and you would be surprised with all that the color actually goes with. I am talking about a muted silver. The color is very popular for the last two years....so they are everywhere. Here are a few examples of what I am talking about....

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...df&LNM=|B002TYJ5BA&CPNG=&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

http://www.shoes.com/productimages/Shoes_iAEC1081560.jpg

and Like Garner Girl said....they are adorable with a pair of white or black shorts and any color top.

15. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Black for a night occasion always, especially with navy. Brown is acceptable but less classy. Silver if you want everyone to know you have no sense of style.

16. KellBell

:lol::lol::lol:

spoken like a true d ouche-bag...

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Navy dress.....black shoes.

Sherry

18. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

A tan color would look classy if worn during the day.

19. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I agree...for a funeral black shoes with the navy dress would be my choice if I didn't have navy shoes. I think I would try to pick up the black a little with a brooch, necklace, hairclip or some other accessory.

20. HidesinOBX

Thank you thank you EVERYONE!! I really appreciate it all the input. I have been rattled over this...I'm going with the black shoes..they actually looked better with this outfit and I know I can wear them more with other things I have. The silver ones I really like...thanks for the pictures of those Kell...they would look great with some capris I have.