Silly Bandz

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by canesfan, Apr 27, 2010.

1. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will try there. Walgreens, Rite Aid & CVS all say they carry them but the stores I tried were sold out.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Silly Bands alert!
    At 11:45 this morning the cashier at Walgreens was putting out what looked to be 3 or 4 cases of bands on the display just as you pass the registers.

3. cathy0517

Yikes! Which Walgreens?

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

oh, sorry... Hwy 70 in Clayton.

5. cathy0517

Thanks, they were not the name brand "silly bandz" but I still got them and my girls are very pleased.

6. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Is it just the Hallmark stores that carry the original "silly bands"? thanks

7. cathy0517

I'm new to these things so I'm not sure. I asked for them by name at Walgreens and they said that the were the real "Silly bandz" so I'm not sure they know! If all else fails you can get them online at Amazon.com or ebay - there are several different brands but silly bandz have their name on the package.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Got an automated phone call from DS's school (Riverwood) and they are banned effective immediately. :lol: I'm sure other schools will be following suit. 8)

9. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Got a note from Westview that they are a "distraction." Really? So is everything else in the room. LOL. I think they're more distracted b/c it isthe end of the year and they just don't care to pay attention. I have yet to buy any of these things yet my kids have a pile on their wrists from their friends. I just found out about them this week. I like the price of these though! Guess I'll be stopping by Walgreens this weekend.

stephanie--mom to 7

10. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

haha yep got that call last night as well! thought it was funny!!

11. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

kids will survive without them-- really. quit feeding into the frenzy, you are creating kids that will not take NO very well.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

they love to blame the end of the year "distractions" on something....without fail. It just possibly couldn't be that all day, every day, at least 12 teachers say "only X amount of days till the end of the year" or have a calendar with giant X's marking till the end of the year....gimme a break.

I on the other hand went to Walgreen's yesterday to get some for the 7th graders that live with me (yes, 7th graders too) and am the proud wearer of a hippo and flamingo silly bandz. I feel so hip yet undistracted. :mrgreen:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I may get some just to annoy folks, LOL. Not really, because DS thinks they are "stupid" in his words, LOL He said he is only one of 3 in his class that doesn't have them.

14. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Really, that has got to be one of the craziest generalizations ever. This or any other thing that I buy my child does not mean he can not take NO.. :ack:

Being a parent does not mean I can not buy my child something

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hehehe me too, i am the proud wearer of a purple guitar silly bandz - grandkids love them too and thanks to 4042 keeping me up to date i bought them some and they insisted i wear the purple one:lol::lol::lol:

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

i'll stick with my Pandora :mrgreen:

17. KellBell

:cheers:

18. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

You can get them on the website, DD was looking on there yesterday, and they had all but one type in stock. sillybandz.com

19. KellBell

yep! I just ordered the "dino" pack and the "rock and roll" pack. silly bandz indeed. I wish I'd of thought of this!!

20. cathy0517

My girls are begging me to wear them! They are trading and making deals with friends who knows, maybe this is how Donald Trump started!