Three wheeled car?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, May 9, 2010.

1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

My wife has seen a three wheeled car around the Cleveland School area and she wants to know what it is. Personally, I prefer my vehicles to be two wheeled but whatever floats your boat. It's silver and has a "w" logo on it.

Any clues?

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I think I saw it too but don't have a clue as to it's identity. I believe I've seen it with a "for sale" sign on it near Reedy Creek Gas Station.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The Smart cars are too small for me. Heck, even something like a Corolla is too small. The problem with them for me is there is too much sacrifice when it comes to safety. Sure, they may be safe in crash tests, but in the real world, they can be death traps. Run a F-250 Super Duty into a Smart car and it would be like punting a football 50 yards.

4. AnnetteL

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah I know the Smart cars are tiny little four wheeled cars. Actually, the Smart is called a Four for Two or something like that since its for just two people. I meant to put emphasis on that the Smart car is too small. Anything smaller is ridiculous. Of course, I could see the point for using in a small town or something where you didn't have to worry about traffic faster than 25-35 mph.

6. ncroxx

ncroxx Well-Known Member

Ive seen it

Its really cool. I actually sold him a tire for it. he showed it to me-said he bought it from China and had it shipped over. It actually has a motorcycle engine-but is registered as a motor car. He said he's always getting stopped by police because they think it's not street legat-he has to carry a certificate around proving it is!

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

does it look like this?

[​IMG]

or this?

[​IMG]

8. AnnetteL

The one I saw looked more like the one on the bottom.

9. CraigSPL

When I was stationed in Italy we had a bunch of those on base instead of a normal pick-up type truck.

10. areynolds00

areynolds00 Guest

Here is the T-rex bike with a body kit

I've seen many of these around. It's the 3 wheel bike that's been modified with a wider back tire, 2 seats and a full body kit.

[​IMG]

11. AnnetteL

Same thing in Germany,I remember when I was a kid there were plenty of them around,the cars as well as the trucks,we used to call them "Go-go's" ;)

12. CraigSPL

I like the looks, but also like the looks of this as well.

[​IMG]

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Someone around here has one of those things in the bottom pic. Looks like it anyway... Jackass must be color blind because he can't tell a red light from a green light. He came inches from getting creamed at Shotwell & 70 a couple of months ago. He was coming off of 70 turning R onto Shotwell and had a red light. Didn't bother to look to the left for oncoming traffic. He was damn lucky that day.

14. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

Speaks for itself:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/video-mercedes-s-class-vs-smart.html

P.S. A few years ago the Ford F Series performed TERRIBLY in the offset frontal crash. The passenger cage was badly compromised.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Is it silver? Because if so, that moron is going to catch his killing. As soon as the weather warms up, he will be zooming all over Clayton acting like an IDIOT!!

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Same guy.

17. CraigSPL

He comes into McKinley's fairly often and is usually riding the Can-Am.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've seen it there pretty often. He needs his tail whooped for being an idjit.

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I like the Can-Ams but I get the feeling they are the Rodney Dangerfield of motorcycles. No respect. Do motorcyclists give the complimentary wave/finger-pointy thing they do to a Can-Am tricyclist? If I lived at the beach (which I'd like to) it would probably be fun to have one.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I see that 3-wheeled car often. It looks like a 3 wheeled pickup truck golf cart.