Droid

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by GarnerGirl2000, May 10, 2010.

1. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

So I am thinking about switching to Verizon. I want an I phone and I know that there are supposive rumors that Verizon will be getting I phones sometime this summer?!?!! BUT until then I may just bite the bullet and get a Droid. Do any of yall have one?!?! Likes/dislikes please :)

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have verizon...no complaints on their service and they have the best coverage, by far, in this area.

I do NOT have a droid, but have several GF's (that's Guy friends and Girl friends) that do. They have no complaints and actually sleep with theirs at night (not really, but you'd think they did after hearing them go on an on about them :mrgreen:)

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! I've been teasing DH about his newest love, he got an awesome deal on some new phone, can't remember it is........HT Pro2 or something. The guy at the Sprint store was pretty whizzed at the price he got over the phone directly from Sprint. :lol:

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

of note about the Iphone/Itouch/Ipad they do not support any kind of flash, thus if used to surf the web they may not (meant to read probably not) display web sites correctly.

5. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I have a Droid. I like it.

Cons:
    - Battery drains quickly, but I think that's true for most smart phones
    - Some apps can be buggy - such as Google Voice SMS text messages can get hung up
    - It's kind of big -
    - The Slide out keyboard isn't very friendly, but the on screen one's are OK. If you have small fingers you will be fine. If I was choosing today I might skip the slide out keyboard model, it just makes the phone bigger.

Pros:
    - It's really cool
    - You can tether it to your laptop without rooting the phone. This alone made it my choice
    -

7. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

The only complaint I have about my Droid is that it is a pure pain in the *** to answer.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

? I actually don't use mine as a phone much (turned off during the day) but I haven't had a problem with that, typically just slide the green circle over and have no issues.

Typically the Droid stays within 4 feet at all times, it is my alarm clock, entertainment center and main GPS unit. Put my previous smart phones to shame.

9. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DH has a Droid. Pros are: Service is good, Lots of Apps, voice search works well
    Cons: It is a fingerprint magnet, easy to touch the wrong app

Overall, he loves his Droid and is very satisifed with it.

10. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

My Droid should be delivered tomorrow. So what are the must have apps ya'll are using???

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

"Advanced Task Killer" sounds like a bore, but it is a must!

12. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Does the GPS on the droid really work? The one on my "smart" phone is not that smart, sometimes it's off on my location by as much as a quarter mile.

13. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Can the Droid replace the use of an Ipod?? I really dislike the apple itunes app!!!

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

When I first got it I still used the Garmen first, but got lost a couple of times in California. The Droid got me there, the mapping program still does occastional stupid things, a couple of updates back air tried to send me around the Mall on Glenwood Avenue instead of just driving straight on.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yes, I have a number of mp3s on it.

16. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

When sliding the circle it will jump back as if I have lifted my finger. To answer I have to make sure my thumb is pressed flat and swipe really slow. I took it to Verizon and their response was.."huh".

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I have a similar dislike. When on a call the screen goes black. If you are prompted to press a number you must first wake the screen, then open the keypad before hitting the number. It's sort of a pain. Oddly enough though, this thing is a phone second to all the cool other things it does.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yes, I forgot about that irritating feature.

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Everytime I look down and see this freaking thread....that dern sound goes off in my head...."Drooooooiiiidd" Thanks alot!!

20. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

There is a cool app that lets you hold your phone up to the sky at night and shows you the planets in the area you are holding it, and the star consolations. Our 7 yr old is always asking what planet is that and now we know. LOL