Got to be NC Festival

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, May 11, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

I've seen the signs before and never made it. Anyone else been in years past? Was it good for kids?

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I might be checking out the wine expo. Wonder if Enoch will be there?? :allears:

4. Cleopatra

It looks good for kids. It's free, there is a carnival, midway, music, antique tractors, bar-b-q cook off where kids 12 and under eat free, petting zoo, pig race...

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

That looks pretty cool. Never been to it or heard about it. Cleo, you might have someone younger than me asking for a ride or you might see that one with friends at the festival. Hope it's okay if that one asks if friends don't want to go.

Sherry

6. Cleopatra

No problem!

7. Sherry A.

Thank you.

Sherry

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

9. Sherry A.

You fixed her quote which means you have an open invitation. :mrgreen: Fits you just fine.

Sherry

10. Cleopatra

Except the Admission & Parking is not free at The Nag Fest. THAT you have to pay for... for the rest of your life. :lol:

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be over at Whole Foods for the huge Tofu sale?

12. Sherry A.

They having a sale on Tofu? Talk later. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sherry

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

We went last year and enjoyed it. You get to sample different NC food products and, of course, buy some that you like. One that I bought last year was a Habanaro salsa that was deliciously hot...but I like the burn. Anyway, its a good idea to take some extra money with you in case you find some items you like. Kids will like the rides, too. It's not as big as the State Fair obviously, but still gives them a fun, little outing. We went on a late Friday afternoon and it wasn't real busy. I'd recommend doing the food product tasting first, though, because the kids will likely not be up for it afterward.

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it for the third year in a row. Last year there was a health fair going on at the same time on the fairgrounds.

15. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Cleo! Sounds fun, we may try to make it this year!