A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Raleighwood? Or on 70 Brier Creek?

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

LOL, it's so nice to see someone who has needed it for a LONG TIME be put in their place. Love it!!!!

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

What'd I do this time?

4. glorybee

glorybee Well-Known Member

Me Too, Michelle!!!!!!!
    I feel like I should send her some flowers. She sure handed him his arse...............

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

When you are reincarnated? tee hee.

Sherry

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

LOL, nothing that I know of. As far as I know you've been a good boy.

7. allie

allie Member

I Really Don't Like the Way Ms. Edmondson Runs the School

I just came from the Spring Concert at Cleveland Elementary School. I love applauding the children for their accomplishments. However, being forced to sit through their a PTA meeting first just burns me. It even mentioned the PTA Meeting in Large Print on the front of the Program (which was a huge disappointment). Please tell me why she thinks the children's supporters would want to sit through that. She manipulates the group by that being the first part of the program. Tell me why she thinks, I a grandmother, 2 great aunts and a great-great aunt would be interested in hearing the minutes from the last meeting! I didn't care who called the meeting to order and that they said the pledge! I was there, along with my sisters and an aging aunt, for the child. It was so important for the PTA meeting to be mentioned the person I went to see wouldn't fit on the program list! My granddaughter played violin, along with many other great students, that couldn't even be mentioned -- so much for putting the children first and their needs for recognition! NO WHERE ON THAT PROGRAM WERE THE VIOLINISTS MENTIONED! I was glad she introduced the PTA because they do deserve a lot of credit for all they do. Because the program was an hour and half long, thus, a lot of parents of the chorus took their children and left after they performed.

This is the second year my granddaughter played violin and I didn't get the keepsake that helps with the memories. I am so disappointed.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

dang i missed something again, work just gets too much in the way of my 4042 time:lol: Who and what happened?
    And DC, you obviously have met the wrong women, i personally hate shopping with a passion cause i refuse to buy anything until i have looked everywhere for the best price:cheers::cheers:

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ahhh, now that i have kinda caught up, i totally agree but just wait for the attacks that are forthcoming:lol:

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

You really have to look high and low to find some of the crap (lawnmowers, right?), but then, scroll down to the Political Pit, and some of it just slaps you in the face..... :)

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:roll:

the violinist's not being mentioned is the Music teacher's responsibility, not the PTA people or Ms. Edmundson's.....just sayin'

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That and.... it was the same way before Edmundson came along.

Having BTDT myself, I can say the PTA meeting was already scheduled and then the Strings group was invited to play or invited themselves as there was a forum with an audience. The Strings teacher instructs just about every elementary school in this county, then once a week there is the JCYO. There really is not alot of money in the budget for the strings program - in fact they removed it from the middle schools entirely a few years ago. I was left holding the bag with a $1200 instrument. Be glad you got to see your grandchild perform, at all. And shame on you for bitching about having to attend a PTA meeting. Wow. And they say people just aren't involved nowadays. I wonder where they get that idea.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The kitchen is a wreck, I sure wish the cleaning fairy would come to my house.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hot diggity, just got through the month end closing routine. WHEW!! Hope it won't be such an ordeal next month, the first time is the toughest I hope.

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Dang that took you a long time to do.......Month end was ONLY 12 days ago.

:jester:

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tee hee!! Actually, apparently they don't normally do it til the 15th, so I am technically EARLY. :jester:

17. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Agree about the bitching part, but I can understand how some don't get involved. Of course it rubs me the wrong way when up to the neck in to do's. :mrgreen: PTA's and other kid organizations do a lot for the kids in this community with no thanks in return. Recently I have been judged, called names, called stupid and a host of other lovely things all for doing something for the kids and not getting paid a red cent. Any meager person couldn't do it so I just keep marching on and chanting 'it's for the kids.' It would be nice to see thank you's instead of ***** sessions. :?

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It'll never happen. Poor DH just about lost it with a parent a few weeks ago. That's OK, they will miss him now that his job has ramped up and he won't be available to do the dirty work.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I just keep telling myself, it's not for you bitchy uninvolved parents....it's for your kids and your kid's teachers, oh and YOU'RE WELCOME anyways!!

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Me too and the rest of the house.

Sherry