Lawn Mower settlement see www.lawnmowerclass.com

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

You can receive Cash:
    · Up to $35.00 for each walk-behind lawn mower
    · Up to $75.00 for each riding lawn mower
    You can receive an extended Warranty:

You can receive these benefits if:
    1. You purchased a lawn mower, for your own use, containing an engine with up to 30 horsepower in the United States or Puerto Rico and between January 1, 1994 and April 12, 2010.
    2. Either the lawn mower or the engine of the lawn mower was manufactured or sold by a Company listed below.
    3. You submit a claim.

Your lawn mower is included if your engine was manufactured by:
    Briggs & Stratton
    Honda
    Kawasaki
    Kohler
    Tecumseh
    Toro

Or, your lawn mower is included if your lawn mower was manufactured by:
    Deere
    EHP
    Honda
    Husqvarna
    MTD
    Sears
    Toro

Brands manufactured by these companies include, but are not limited to:
    Yard-Man, Cub Cadet, Honda, Bolens, Exmark, Deere, Sabre, Scotts, Toro, Yard Machines, Craftsman, Troy Bilt, Husqvarna, Poulan, Poulan PRO, Lawn-Boy, Weed Eater, White Outdoor, Snapper, Simplicity, Brute, Murray, and other brands.

The lawsuit does not concern the safety of these lawn mowers.

www.lawnmowerclass.com

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Wonderful - everyone will get $35. For this we will lose a butt load of jobs in manufacturing, but at least the lawyers will get rich.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

All over HP. Does it really matter that a riding mower has 23.5 hp and not 26? Maybe the company should be reprimanded, but a class action law suit on this seems crazy. I fall in to this via my Craftsman with Briggs and Stratton engine. Had it since 2003, no problems. Says 26 hp, i bought it for the v twin not the hp.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Shoot, I gave mine to a neighbor a while back. What to do? Keep getting my yard cut for free or get the what is it $35.00? Just kidding around but I did give it to him. I'm so allergic.

Sherry

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Just submitted my claim. Hey, I could use $75!

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm not going to turn down 110.00.

7. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I cant believe people would fall for this scam.

8. Cleopatra

<- Sellout

9. michelle

Me Too! :cheers:

10. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Me three! I'll be out in the morning to get the numbers (or send the DH).

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Hum, I still have the paperwork on mine. Will talk to my neighbor because we could use the money as well. I cannot believe my teen has to pay for everything for her job this summer. Then off to college.

Sherry

12. Cleopatra

Anybody hear anything back yet? The lawnmower repair thread reminded me of this. I haven't logged my mowers yet. Need to get that done.

FWIW - it looks like the money has already been paid, so if you do not claim your check - you are just lining a lawyer's pocket.

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I think they will divide the money among all claims that are filed by the deadline. Attorneys' fees in class action cases have to be approved by the court, so they can't take more than the court authorizes. They will take that off the top, though, and put the rest in a trust account until after the deadline to file claims. The card I got said "up to $75.00" IIRC.

14. Cleopatra

Oh........ :oops:

15. Hatteras6

Up to 75 dollars per mower, depending on whether it was a ride or walk behind.

16. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

how do you prove you had the mower? we have owned 2 push mowers and 3 riding mowers but dont have receipts for all of them, esp the one we had in 1996

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

The web site requires specific information about the mower, but does not request proof of purchase.

18. michelle

Got my check for $21.84 today! Anybody else?

19. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

August 2010 was the deadline I think or am I not understanding this?? We have purchased a troy built rider and a john deere rider in the last 5 years. Sure could use the money! Pat

20. Hatteras6

32 bucks and change. The upper figures were dependent on the number of claimants.

That paid for dinner at the Chinese buffet.