airline tickets

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ImTheNormal0ne, May 12, 2010.

1. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

whats the cheapest sites to find tickets online? anyone have any

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

http://www.orbitz.com/

And you don't have to do that silly biding.

Downside, it does not include Southwest Airlines in the price comparisons.

Caution - Check for those trips with stops how much time you have between planes. I would recommend that you allow for at least 1 hour between planes.

3. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have the best luck with Expedia....

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

www.kayak.com

I like this site because it compares the prices from the different sites for you after you enter the flight information that you are looking for. You need to have pop-up blocker turned off though, it opens a new window for each website it looks at.

6. Gabi

Gabi Member

Southwest Airlines

Got DD roundtrip tickets to see her dad in June, excellent service, excellent rates, and no cost for 2 checked bags. The customer service was very helpful and the rates including fees were cheaper on the website then any of the others, orbitz, expedia, kayak, etc. Called the airline itself and even the nice rep that I talked with told me that the rates online at the SW website would be my best bet.

Will go with SW from now on.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

SW if you like the "cattle-call" boarding process.... getting stuck in a middle seat for a flight doesn't make up for the 2 free bags IMHO

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

It's not as much of a cattle call as it used to be. You can either pay $10 each way ahead of time and have them assign your boarding position, or, 24 hours before your flight leaves (each way), print your boarding pass off their website. Either option gives you a position in line, so you don't have to line up at the gate an hour before your plane gets in.

Still no assigned seating though, but at least it's better than it used to be.

Another option if you're not checking more than one bag is Jet Blue, if they go where you're going.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    It is a good airline but I would rater spend an extra $50 then deal with their BS practices.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

but you still don't know for sure what or where your seat will be. When I make a plane reservation, I want to be able to get my seat assigment.

11. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I have used priceline.com and even though I have had to "bid", I have gotten some really good deals. Only thing I do not like is when you bid, you have to be flexible with the times. When I went to see Kyle when he graduated from bootcamp, I paid a little over $400, but that was a hotel room for almost a week, plane ticket and car rental. It is all what you want to do.

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I'd listen to Hugh as he travels a lot. Tassy also goes on many trips so the two of them are the ones I'd really know have experience. Not that all others don't have good ideas and all but the ones who actually travel a lot are good on advice.

Hugh/Tassy.....when Southwest started I really liked the convenience and the "go green" boarding pass and all. Now it really seems like what you guys said.....cattle herding. We don't use it anymore.

Sherry

13. ny69

ny69 Guest

Hey,,, you wanted on the old boss thread

14. Sherry A.

Stop it. Now I may not even look at it. :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

Sherry

15. ny69

ny69 Guest

See post # 32528 on random thread

16. Sherry A.

Check post #3259 in the same thread. Not going to respond to you on this anymore.

Sherry

17. ny69

ny69 Guest

good go see old boss thread