Restaurant in Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tangerine, May 4, 2010.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Is there a Main St Cafe seafood restaurant in Clayton? Anyone have the number?

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I got this message on FB yesterday from "Downtown Clayton, NC"

Pssst, Main Street Seafood Restaurant, 312 E Main Street, (former location of Pier 33 Seafood) will have a soft opening tomorrow for lunch and dinner. New owner and menu.

No phone # listed in the message though, sorry.

3. Tangerine

Thank you Tassy. Now my next question....Can underage teens work in a restaurant that serves alcohol/has a bar? Even if they are just door greeters?

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes, the hostesses at McKinleys are almost always high school kids. If they choose to and there are positions available, when they hit 18 they can be waitresses and serve alcohol. I "think" they have to actually be 21 to be a bartender though.

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

pier 33 didn't last long

7. Tangerine

thanks guys. just checking up on an out of control teen.

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Well, we are planning to go there this Friday night for dinner. Need to wait to hear some new reviews first. We liked it as Pier 33.

9. Tangerine

hmm i may need you to do something for me.

10. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I heard it was not very good. My boss ate there, had a bad experience, ended up sick. I hope the new places is good and successful!

11. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

it wasn't. didn't make us sick, but we gave it 3 shots and the food was just lame

12. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

My family went there twice as Pier 33 and we enjoyed it both times. I am waiting patiently for some new reviews.

13. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Has anyone checked it out since it reopened?

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct, they must be 21 to be a bartender. Have young people going through this all around us.

Sherry

15. ny69

ny69 Guest

Hey they still waiting for you on the old boss thread

16. Sherry A.

I dunno. Don't even know what the Thread is about. I've been pretty busy this week, they may have to wait.

Sherry

17. ny69

ny69 Guest

sure you don't,,,

18. Sherry A.

Stop the silliness. I am a grown up and not sure whether I'm glad you are back or not, especially if you act like this. :lol: I'm sure "they" can manage without me.

Sherry

19. ny69

ny69 Guest

chicken sheet,,,

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that's not the original NY9....that's the highschool kid that was Wolfbuster....try to ignore Sherry.....