A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Indeed...........well, play time is over. Got actual work to do. Be back to deal with the 'children's later. Ya'll have fun babysitting. :jester:

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

-14.5 :hurray:

5 to go.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Your pictures recently are just great. Don't know where you are getting them but I'm having fun each time I see them. :lol:

Sherry

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

this could so be me right now.

[​IMG]

5. Sherry A.

Congratulations....maybe you can get us a tank of gas? :mrgreen:

Sherry

6. Sherry A.

Probably is only different clothes and I picture food, some eaten, around ya'. :lol:

Sherry

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Add a few empty beer cans/bottles and a spit bottle to the picture and it could be.

8. Sherry A.

Yeah, I forgot those items. :lol::mrgreen::lol:

Sherry

9. Sherry A.

It's so hot outside the color on my hair is dripping down my face...................:ack:

Sherry

10. Sherry A.

We used to have TIVO on our computer but now have Time Warner's taping device. I cannot believe and am embarrassed to say that my daughter is taping One Tree Hill.....dang it, I'm taping the original Miami Vice, Boston Legal, Murphy Brown....you know those cool adult shows and when I go to watch Don Johnson's butt today I see she's tapped One Tree Hill. I thought I raised her better than that. :lol::mrgreen::lol:

Sherry

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I just hope that they are right about next weeks cooler temperatures!

12. Sherry A.

Me too. Seems like I complain all the time....it's too cold, it's too hot. :lol::lol:

Sherry

13. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Havent cut the grass in 2 weeks. Thats the only good part about not having any rain lately.

14. Sherry A.

You are right, Grinder, that's the only good thing. We need rain badly.

Sherry

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Two more teenagers died in separate accidents this weekend. :cry:

16. allie

allie Member

Sorry for the Dead Horse

:beathorse: Sorry for beating a dead horse but I wanted to respond to people thinking I should be ashamed of myself for b*tching about the PTA meeting; however, I have not had much time on here due to moving my out-of-state, aging aunt into my home. I'm not ashamed because I still think it is not the place for the PTA meeting. In fact, we had no idea that meeting was to be held then. We were told in a note sent home by the music teacher that the concert would take about half-hour to forty-five minutes; then, we get there surprise, surprise. I think the PTA does a wonderful job and stated, "I was glad she introduced the PTA because they do deserve a lot of credit for all they do." And although I didn't come out and say it then, thank you to all the PTA members for what they do for the children. For what it is worth, anyone who volunteers for anything should know you don't get a lot of praise. You do things for the cause that you are active in. Last year the string concert was a short program, and as I said no program. I spoke to the music teacher last year and told him I would gladly help to create or just pay for programs to be made since I understand the tight budget. In fact, I wrote him a letter in January of this year and stated that offer still stood. Maybe it is not all Ms. Edmundson's fault, but I do believe whoever coordinated and agreed to allowing the children to play there, should have ensured that they got mentioned. How do you think the children felt when they didn't see their names but saw other children's names? My daughter and her husband are only paying members of the PTA; however, she is active in the children's classes. This is the first year, she was not a class mother. However, she goes on class trips to help chaperon; helps the teacher with supplies; etc. But I think family members (such as myself, my sisters and aunt), should not have to hear minutes of meetings, etc. To me, I think that would be like going to a concert and having to hear the names of every promoter and person who took part in bringing the concert to you. Oh by-the-way, I attended a concert under the previous principal and there was no PTA meeting attached.

Sorry if I offended anyone for all I wanted to do was express my opinion. And yes you have the right to yours. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend because it was a beautiful one. 8) And thank you for allowing me to vent.

17. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You will learn real quick that a lot of people in Clayton are power hungry and when they get a title like this...it goes to their head.....Screw the PTA.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

More rain would be cool today.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

ALLIE -

Once again, the PTA meeting was already scheduled. Having the Strings group perform there was a COURTESY. This is not Mrs Edmunson's doing. The fact that you keep dropping her name out here tells me you have some kind of Edmunson Agenda. I already explained all of this to you, and I *still* have the letter from the JoCo School Board telling me my son's Strings program at the middle school was CANCELLED due to budget cuts. Be glad there *was* a venue for your grandchild to perform.

PS - I attended a play at Cleveland middle school once, and there was a PTA meeting attached. Gosh, it was so horrific and such punishment to sit through. I don't know how I survived. If you dig deep enough, perhaps you can find a thread of angst that I posted regarding it.

One more thing, one year we had to travel to Dixon Rd Elementary for my son's string's performance. At the time he was in Middle School.

Repeating myself - the String's teacher is not exclusive to Cleveland Elem - thank your School Board! He is spread out and travels to different Elem Schools all week. Then, he spends hours one night a week with the JoCo Youth Orchestra. THAT will be the only venue for your grandchild to play that instrument once he/she gets to Middle School. And THEN you can pay for tickets and copies of DVD's and sit through HOURS of other performances at the Community College waiting for their 15/20 minute slot. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Are you sure you quoted the right person....My statement was general.:popcorn: