Humana One Health Ins.Deductible Question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, May 15, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I've been looking online just to get an idea about approximate cost,was looking at quote from Humana One,called Autograph total,for a monthly payment of $433 with a $10400 deductible,it says it pays 100% at a doctors visit after the deductible is met,does that mean the full $10400 has to be paid before they cover anything?
    Thanks!

2. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what it sounds like since it says "after deductible is met." You would have to pay the first $10400 in medical bills before they would cover a doc visit in full.

3. AnnetteL

Thanks!
    In that case they can keep it!

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

That sounds like an HSA policy (Health Savings Account) with that high of a deductible. I think the way those work is you can put pre-tax money into an account to offset a portion of the deductible, and pay your medical expenses out of it.

5. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

becareful with humana as some places do not take it!

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Hands Down. Blue Cross of NC is the best insurance. It's been very good to me and my family. Aetna sucks!

7. AnnetteL

I'm glad for you but for us it's just too expensive especially with a preexisting condition.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Have you had any luck in finding any other reasonable insurance quotes?
    The end of the yr will be the end of our 15mths w/ the reduced cobra, we'll have to find some family coverage. :banghead:

9. AnnetteL

No,nothing yet. I got a online quote from BCBS around $374 for myself but I know that will go sky high as soon they hear about my pre-excisting condition.This was with Blue Advantage with a $2500 deductible.
    Good luck to you though!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010