Another WJHS senior killed in accident today

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, May 15, 2010.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

No you can't whip a 17 year old but if you whip them when they are younger and put the fear of God in them instead of babying them and giving them everything they want then they may act differently at 17.

2. AppleFritters

AppleFritters Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Shame on the teacher for fueling the rumor mill. Yet another example of why the lines are not just curved but "all over the place" when it comes to teachers and students talking about things outside of academia. What happened to all of the teachers that reminded you of your parents and you the student treated them as such.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You can't?.....Says who?

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Which gets back to teaching your kids right from wrong. Whip that tail! You are already defeated if you are so nieve to think they are going to do what they say. I will be my kids best friend when he graduates. Now we have parents sitting at home wondering what they did wrong. "I let her do whatever she wanted, I just don't understand!!" "But but but she said she was at a friends house not riding around!!". I don't believe a thing my kid says. I followup, I go to places he says he will be. I disrupt his opportunities to be stupid. I even go to his work and enjoy a cold glass of sweet tea. These kids do what they are taught. If you allow them to get away with things. Tragedy will follow. They are too stupid to know better. No mileage. No life experience. But yet they are treated as adults. Sorry for stepping on toes. Well I really don't care. I know where my kids are at all times. I track cell phones...email....anything I can do to let them know I make big brother look like Mary Poppins.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

:cheers:

6. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

:iagree: I have a 16, 15 and 12 year old. Butt whippin' is used periodically in our house.

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Twice a day, whether they need it or not!!! ;)

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!

I am always in their email, their texts, their facebook....ALWAYS. I drive my kids crazy and I DON'T CARE!

9. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree::iagree: It's called being a PARENT!!! I don't have a teenager but I was one, and that's exactly how I was raised. I would do it exactly the same way.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I drive by a roadside memorial just about daily, of a girl who died while texting.

Lastly, it is possible these girls had snuck out, or the old "you tell your parents we're spending the night at my house, and I'll tell my parents we're spending the night at your house"

11. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the family and stuff, but damn what are they doing out at that time of the morning. Too many damn sorry *** parents out there that want to be friends with their kids.

Majority of kids today are not just as mature as kids say 15-20 years ago. Throw in the modern day distractions such as cellphones and you are just adding fuel to the fire. They need to bring the driving age to 18 or make it very hard to get one before that age.