I-540 Ramp accident yet again

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, May 18, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

the first guy did die. he was trying to kill himself, but didn't. so he crawled out and hung himself in a tree.

second guy was running from the police, took the turn too fast, and missed the guardrail. they had to get the truck off him to get him out. don't know how he turned out.

this morning apparently was just dude not paying attention. driver was not hurt...

although, i agree that maybe a few truckloads of sand in front of those barricades might help, kinda like the truck runoffs in the mountains

3. AnnetteL

My husband said the same thing about the sand ;) but I thought it be much better if something was done so it would be more visible,something that you can see way before you get there so you don't run off the ramp in the first place.

4. Let's spend the money on completing the road as opposed to keeping dumbasses from driving straight on a curved road.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

there's plenty of HUGE signs saying "all traffic must exit" and lane markers and standup markers and huge barricades at the end already. if you miss it, you're doing it on purpose, you're running from the cops, or you're a dumazz

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers:

7. :cheers:

8. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Survival of the fittest Pretty soon we"ll run out of people that can't read and drive.

9. AnnetteL

Heard this morning that the DOT is meeting to discuss the issue and to see what should be done...

10. I don't know what else they can do. As dangerboy said, there are a billion signs out there. Let's throw more money away because of two idiots.

11. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

Here's an idea, stop texting or talking on the cell phone and then maybe you will not miss those big a** sins saying the road has ended!!!

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I was unaware of this until your Post. Cannot say the words I feel on this site.

Sherry

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

When you reach the end of the road either turn or stop. Any other choice will likely have negative results.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly!! If you miss those huge signs.................we'll...............perhaps you ought not to be behind the wheel. I mean, good grief, it shouldn't be a suprise! Probably the same morons who act all shocked when lanes end, etc on the interstate and block traffice because "merge" is a foreign concept. :banghead: So now, we are going to spend more money to solve a problem that really isn't one.

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Why does something need to be done? PLEASE don't waste my tax $$ on it.

If people can't READ and PAY ATTENTION, they get whats coming to 'em.

DF's.

16. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

:iagree: It would be great if they would actually complete the road and quit shafting everyone that doesn't live in Cary or North Raleigh.

17. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

OH come on,.....Stop the coddling.
    THere are plenty of signs.
    survival of the fittest. Drive with your eyes open and at a safe rate of speed and POOF - no problems!

There are far more dangerous spot locally that make me cringe. Look at the off ramp from 40 west to 70 east - white oak...a heck of a drop if you miss it.
    There are several places on 42 that if you go off the road just ahair, you are going down hill fast! Heck look over by all the kudzu near 50 heading back from Lowes. You fall down there, we ain't finding you for a bit...
    An accident is where ever it happens.