64 bypass

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, May 19, 2010.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get directions for my dd who has a class at the northern wake tech campus, (6600 Louisburg rd). Yesterday she went out Wake Forest rd - but I'm thinking that the bypass might be quicker?
    I have used AAA, google and mapquest to try and get directions for her, and NOT ONE of them even show the bypass :confused: :banghead:.

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

The bypass would offer less traffic lights and less potential for traffic jams, but depending on where she is starting from it could be hit or miss.

3. Ima Sheltie

just pulled up google and it shows the bypass and 540 ?

4. bandmom

oh duh :oops: I do see it now - it shows 64 and I was looking for the 264....maybe its time to go get lunch and wake up! :lol:

5. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

From the 4042 area take I-40W to the beltline (440)...take the "outer loop" of the beltline to 264E (what you refer to as 64 bypass I think), follow that to 540 and head west on 540 to exit 18 (this is Louisburg Rd also Rte 401)...exit to the right and go approx 1/2 mile and the campus will be on the right...there is a light for it...I think the cross road may be Fox Rd. Hope this helps.

This is definitely the best way to go, it will cut off about 10-15 minutes from taking the other routes like Capital Blvd, etc. due to lights and traffic.

6. bandmom

thanks!!

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

If you're on the east side of 42 take Smithfield Rd (past Riverwood). It intersects with 64 bypass which then intersects with 540. It's pretty quick. If traveling during rush hour it's much better than 40.

8. bandmom

thanks, but we're 'right at' 40/42, exit 312. :lol:

9. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Save time and DO NOT go back down Smithfield Road (toward Riverwood) between 4:30-6:30. It has terrible traffic from 64 to Poole Road on weekdays!

10. Ima Sheltie

Kinda like looking for your glasses when they are on your head :).

Happens to me all the time.