Hey Ima

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., May 19, 2010.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thought you would love that one! :cheers:

Sherry

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

yeah, i think here's where you went wrong. i don't speak for her, but i think it's you who doesn't understand the thread correctly, or at least what she posted. it seems to me that she's pointing out to you the hypocrisy in supporting a boycott in arizona because of their law, but then being offended by someone suggesting we boycott mexico. then she tried pure levity with the smiley thing, yet you continued to be obviously serious in your suggestions that ima remove his/her avatar, and completely misinterpreted the fact that you are not in any fashion on the same page. you refused to let the humor evolve and insisted on returning the topic to how offended you are by ima's avatar. putting a smiley at the end of you overtly stated agenda doesn't make it funny, nor does it let you off the hook for being wrong. you seriously support a boycott of arizona but are offended by a suggested boycott of mexico?

i think what keeps her off forums is that even seemingly innocuous people misinterpret even the simplest of posts, and who wants to go around correcting every idiot on the internet?

3. Sherry A.

Okay, well my mistake and I apologized. I thought Ima would take the Thread as a joke when she changed her Avatar, immediately. I thought we were all on the same page that the Thread was a joke and never did I think for a moment that we had a rule that would allow me ask her take her Avatar off, for one moment. For goodness sakes, I've had Avatars like that on here so I surely would know that a person could have the one Ima has. I was also joking with the smiley faces and used them as suggested because I thought she realized it was not meant as a political Thread but a funny Thread. I guess my dry sense of humor is not seen by all.

Once again, the whole Thread was meant as a joke and to take the stress off of both Ima and me from being on the Political Pit. We used to go after one another a while back and actually listen and agree on some items now.

I never was trying to correct anyone on this or any Forum. I probably make more spelling, grammar, etc. mistakes than most, offend some with my stupid sense of humor and all but I usually don't try to correct most people. Try that one on another "idiot" on an internet forum.

It really was meant as joke from the beginning and I'll leave it at that. I never dreamed that anyone would think I was actually asking Ima to take the Avatar off with all the ones I have used. I used one just the other day for boycotting Arizona........that's why it was a joke.

Sherry

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  4. old school

old school Well-Known Member

I think most everybody caught the joke :cheers:

5. dangerboy

Hey Im sorry too. I really thought the thread was a joke but you kept going back to having her remove her avatar and your replies to me were just...I dont know...hard to "read"
    Sorry, lets be friends OK? lol
    Does this mean you wont be looking for a trampoline for me? ha ha ha ha

DB's wife

6. Sherry A.

No problem. I kept forgetting to put in about her removing her Avatar when I would respond and then I remembered that's how I started the Thread so I would have to stick it in, in my mind, to keep on topic yet still joke.

All is fine, trampoline was never a problem, I have a dry sense of humor and I do think on my response about granola it was more aimed at db because he has said some of those things to me on here before and you were trying to not go political and make it all nice.....that's when db has come at me with the tree hugging stuff.

So, we start anew and refreshed. Thank you for responding because I really did not want you to be upset or not post anymore.

Now, Ima, please remove your Avatar. :lol: (had to keep it on topic). Just kidding around.

Sherry :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

P.S. Speaking about the trampoline...never a problem....the stereo, second thoughts.....bet I get db on this one! hahahah Just kidding.

7. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I knew Sherry was joking with the thread, or was the Mexican pot talking :?:

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Can't in the big AZ, one of the geniuses said that you don't have to profile, you just look at their shoes! 8)

9. old school

Hey DB's wife,
    Would it seem strange if someone said, "putting a Ah Ah at the end of your overtly stated agenda doesn't make it funny".
    reference post #43

10. dangerboy

That quote was from Dangerboy not DB's wife. Besides, I don't get it!

DB's wife

11. old school

I stand corrected DB, my apologies to you both.
    The reference post was #42. You wanted to lecture on, "Letting the humor evolve" when you are the only one that did not seem to get the joke.

12. dangerboy

we got the joke. and we have moved on. sherry and i have been singing Kum Ba Ya via PMs.

db's wife

13. dangerboy

yet another perfect example of somebody who only half reads/half understands something, yet posts like they actually have a clue....

14. dangerboy

sherry, please read what i wrote again and try to understand it. this is just ridiculous. what i was saying was that I hate having to go around correcting idiots who continuously misinterpret what I post, no matter how simple the post was. like this post, having to correct you on misunderstanding my previous post, in which i wasn't saying that you were trying to correct anyone, but that I disliked having to constantly correct your misinterpretations.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  15. Sherry A.

Listen everybody. Mrs. db and I both apologized to one another for misunderstanding each others posts and all. We are done and have moved on. Please let it go.

db......no problem. Have moved on and hope everyone else will too. I'm a fan of your wife and you (except your politics but we both know that :lol::lol:) just want to :cheers: and :grouphug:.

Thanks and once again, please let it go so Mrs. db and I can continue having fun on 4042.

Sherry