What is your favorite party/potluck food?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, May 20, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

^That sounds like a winner!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:drool::drool::drool:

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:iagree:

4. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

a friend fixed these one time and I was hooked, you can add a touch of sour cream on top when you serve them too...

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

1lb of ground beef, browned and drained.

add taco seasoning (and cook as if you were making tacos)

layer meat in a 9x9 casserole dish
    then sour cream
    then the grated cheese of your choice ( I use the mexican)

bake in oven at 350 till cheese bubbles.

Let sit for about 15 minutes....serve it up with your tortilla chips of choice. We like the scoops or the touch of lime.

I put the green tabasco sauce in my meat too (before layering the stuff on top about 15 shakes), and a dash of crushed red pepper, as we like it hot. You can double the recipe for a bigger batch, of course. And it can be done really low fat by using 93% ground beef or turkey, 2% cheese, and low fat sour cream (dont use the fat free, it seperates while cooking).

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'm kinda partial to tassy's two dips, but the tartlets doo sound good.

7. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

Chicken and cheese stuffed jalepenos, breaded and deep fried. Serve with sour cream.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH makes something similar, cream cheese and either pulled pork or cocktail weenies, except he wraps them in bacon and grills them. I don't care for jalepenos much but these are good.

They are called "Buffalo T***DS". :lol: That is the name in the recipe book, I swear.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

the second one is the one i do all the time except i use regular Velveeta, medium to hot salsa & usually hot sausage but i add minced garlic, jalopenos, cayenne peppers or whatever spicy peppers i have on hand to hop it up and throw in the pan when the sausage is almost done, then add the salsa to the melted velveeta and then stir in the sausage mix - hmmm good for those that like it spicy:cheers: