A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I"m loving this rain!!!

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Me too! Especially without the humidity! I have my front door open and Im enjoying it while curled up on my coach covered in a blanket. Life is good!

DB's wife

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

waiting for the bar to open so I can go get my wing fix.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Now, that is funny. Hadn't even thought of that but will tell my daughter what you said because she will get a kick out of it. We're okay and thanks for thinking about us.

Sherry

5. Sherry A.

Oh, shoot. Did I miss coming over to price items? Must have missed that date in my mind.....tee hee. How did it go?

Sherry

6. Sherry A.

:hurray:

7. Sherry A.

That picture is hilarious.

Sherry

8. Sherry A.

:iagree: My parents raised me to be able to fit in and not feel uncomfortable with those who live in a cave to those who live in the White House. They taught me that it is poor class to talk about the materialistic items especially the cost and those who have money and class never talk about how much they earn, how much something cost them nor do they judge others based on those items. I wonder sometimes if those who think they are above others because of monetary items have less self esteem than others.

Actually, I was taught that those who are fortunate to have more than someone else should give back, whether it be financially or by volunteering.

I've never heard the Queen, the Kennedys, the Vanderbilts, Bill and Melissa Gates, Steve Jobs, etc. talk about how much they spent on something, how much they earn (except Jobs who earns $1.00), or actually brag about monetary items.

Now that I mention Jobs......I'm kind of wondering how'd he view your Post(s) on how much you earn. Wonder what he'd think of the man behind the Post. Just sayin'.

Sherry

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was up at 5:00 am on a Sunday. Giving my dog a bath. You don't wanna know!! :ack: Good thing I love that little furball.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

skunk?

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i love Sherry, she is such a real and down to earth person:grouphug::grouphug:

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Just got back from MB today. Went to Myrtle Waves Saturday and had a blast, but at $30/person, its expensive. Favs were the Aruba Tuba, Night Flight and Wave Pool. Good place to spend the day, but carry sunscreen and crocs or flip-flops.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

For future reference if anyone is going to Myrtle Waves or one of our other regional parks - Discount tickets are available...

https://www.ncsecu.org/PDF/Highlights/DiscountThemeParkTickets.pdf

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

DH's surgery was bumped from the 19th to the 26th. I got a weeks respite from worry and nervousness. Well, it's back. In full force. :cry: Started today. Funny.. how it all hits you at once.

15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

So you don't even have to be a SECU member to buy the discounted tickets? If not, I'll definitely go that route the next time. We did save $2 off each ticket with one of the many coupons that float around down there in the magazines, but I'd rather have paid $25/ticket and saved even more. Actually, that's a more reasonable price to me. I thought the asking price for a day pass was a bit high at $33 regular price, but $25 sounds right for what you get.

Also, I will say that they are definitely NOT understaffed. There are lifeguards stationed all over the place and they are constantly watching the rides and pools. Even the 1300' lazy river has a lifeguard about every 300' feet and they are walking parallel to the river back and forth. They don't sit and gab. They're working!

16. Sherry A.

Remember this song? I think the lyrics fit in my response to you today:

Sometimes in our lives
    We all have pain
    We all have sorrow
    But if we are wise
    We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
    And I'll be your friend
    I'll help you carry on
    For it won't be long
    'Til I'm gonna need
    Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride
    If I have things you need to borrow
    For no one can fill those of your needs
    That you won't let show

You just call on me brother, when you need a hand (Chorus)
    We all need somebody to lean on
    I just might have a problem that you'd understand
    We all need somebody to lean on

Mean it,
    Sherry

17. Sherry A.

Thank you and the feeling is mutual. :cheers:

Sherry

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:grouphug:

19. Sherry A.

Lesson Learned!

My daughter went out with friends the other night and they went to a Japanese restaurant to eat. I asked her to bring me back my regular and she said no problem.

Hours later she calls me and I could barely understand what she was saying.

Seems like she placed her order with one to go. She ate hers along with everyone else and then asked for the go plate. They brought it and the check and everyone paid.

Walking to the car my daughter counted her change, looked at her receipt and stated that they did not charge her for the "to go order". She told the others that she had to go in and let them know that they did not charge her for one order.

She went in and told the manager that she was not charged, showed the receipt and change and explained that she owed them money. The manager stated that because she was honest she would not be charged and thanked her.

She was so excited when she called I could not understand a word. After I got her to slow down I heard the words "Mom, you were right. If someone is truthful it is better." That's all I needed to hear but I wish I could have recorded it for the future. :mrgreen:

Sometimes we think we just are not getting through when we teach our children but it's times like these that makes all the hard work worthwhile.

When she got home I told her that it really does "Take A Village" because it was not just me who taught her to be honest it was also, the next door neighbor, the teachers, friends and family and those we associate with.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in teaching this hard headed kid this lesson.......Hat6 and KDs esp.!

Sherry

20. Sherry A.

Yeah I should have put your name above as the one who helped raise her to run for the other side on politics (you cinched the deal on being a Liberal). hahaha

Thanks,
    Sherry