Play Pool Online with Fellow 4042'ers! Tables Open!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, May 22, 2010.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

4042.com now has MULTIPLAYER 8-Ball as our newest game! We've done some initial testing over the past couple of days and are now ready begin opening it up for more players.

Remember - this is a 2 player game...you will be playing against someone else in real time! You can invite someone else to meet you to play the game (send them the link to this page with the instructions) or, you can enter the Game Lobby and play against others you find already there.

Read the info below and then jump in and start shooting pool! 8)

Here's the info you need to get started:
    ===============================

1. The game is pool....standard game of 8-Ball, and requires TWO players. (You may want to send this info to somebody else who is stitting at their PC and let them know to join you to play a round!)

2. When the game starts, you will provide a player name, and your avatar will then show up in the Player Lobby.

3. Depending on who is logged in, you may see some people already playing at a table, or, individuals waiting to play.

You have a choice to make...you can click on your avatar and open a table and wait for another player. Once the table is open, you can also send an invitation to another single player to join you if you see somebody "hanging around looking to play."

Or, you can attempt to join a table that is already open with a single player (by clicking on the table.).

Or, you can stand in the Lobby and wait for an invitation to play.

4. Once you join in a game at a table, the game field (in this case, the pool table) will load for each player and once they click on start, the game is underway. You will receive prompts to let you know how to proceed.

5. NOTE: When the game ends, a screen will appear letting you know that you WON or LOST. There will also be the option to share your score on social network sites like Facebook, Twitter and MySpace.

6. NOTE: There are three icons on the bottom right hand corner of the play field. The "gear" will allow you do adjust sound/full screen. There is also an icon for "chat." That feature isn't currently operational.

Ok...that's the quick and dirty explanation. The URL to play is below. Please let us know if you run into any glitches during play. Thanks for your help in testing out the new game!

http://www.4042.com/4042games/eightball/eightball.php :cool:

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Haven't been to the game yet but I like what you Posted, Webmaster. Never played a game before where I was up against a real person so this really sounds cool. 8)

Thanks so much,
    Sherry

P.S. Yeah the chat room really needs to be functional because I like to talk crap to the person I'm playing especially when I play pool. :lol::lol:

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

7:27 room was empty

4. Sherry A.

Boy, did I suck at this game. I think a little practice is needed on my end. What an idiot.....I was shooting with the wrong end.......no wonder my ball kept going everywhere and when I tried to turn it I found myself out of the game....poor me. Thanks, Mike (the person I was playing with) for being a good sport and at the moment I'm glad the chat room is not ready I'd probably already be cussed out.:mrgreen:

Sherry

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

LOL! yeah - thats a little tricky! :oops: After several 'missed' shots - what is it exactly that you're supposed to click on to shoot? the ball? the stick?

6. Sherry A.

I was wondering the same thing because when I would click nothing would happen. Glad you asked. :oops:

Sherry

7. Sherry A.

Hey bandmom,

Meet you at the pool room and we can experiment with the game.

Sherry

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

JJ kicked my butt twice! LOL It does pass the time!

9. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Hint:

When it's your turn to shoot, the pool cue will appear on the screen. You'll be using it to hit the white cue ball, and can rotate it around on the screen and change the direction you'll be shooting with your mouse.

When you line up the stick on the cue ball and rotate it around, you'll see a line appear that shows the path the ball will take...and, if it will hit another ball, what angle that second ball will move towards.

Once you are ready, hold down on your left mouse button and the cue stick will display an indicator so you can determine how hard you want to hit the ball. Wherever you release the mouse button as the "power" indcator moves up, will determine the force the ball is hit.

Release the mouse button early, and you give it a light tap. Release it when the entire "power" indicator is full, and you hit it full force.

Hint:

Master your bank shots and you will be a consistent winner! 8)

10. Sherry A.

Thanks to Webmaster for explaining the above. Is it possible for person to play so we can pratice or have fun if nobody else is on?

Sherry

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  11. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

You an open two browser windows and play against yourself to practice. 8)

12. Sherry A.

That's what I need is a lot of practice. Thanks so much Webmaster.

Sherry

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I think there might be a bug...

I've been able to get in a few times and when I'm playing, it seems like the other person has either left, or isn't shooting.

And there are several times it won't let me in the room at all....

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm addicted to Solitare myself. :mrgreen:

15. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

The Chat function is now working. You can talk smack while playing now...just like the real thing! 8)

16. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

If the other person abandons the game, that can happen. If you don't see any activity, refresh your browser window and that will reload the game and you can move back into the Game Lobby.

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm doing something wrong...

I opened two browsers to play against myself. I could do the break, but then when it was the other persons (other window) turn, I couldn't find the pool stick. I could see the cue ball, but it wouldn't let me click on it or anything....help?

18. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Hmmm....first thing to check is that you have the latest Flash player. The pool stick should automatically appear and operate when it is your turn. Here's the link for the latest Flash player...make sure you have the new version and give it another try:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

19. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Lots of activity on the tables this afternoon! Thanks for playing! 8)

[​IMG]

20. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Why do we all have to be lil boys with brown hair? LOL