Want NC driver license? Speak, read & write English!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, May 27, 2010.

1. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Yep.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

See, there's those new jobs Obama was talking about. It's all a democratic conspiracy. :lol:

3. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Yeah and I'm just saying Ignorance is Bliss!! Let's see how cooperative you are if you are profiled. (which I never said we were uncooperative) Until you experience it for yourself, then you will NEVER understand!! My friend is the one who said it was because we had a Mexican in the car. My husband and I are so use to racist people, we have learned to overlook their ignorance. By the way, my friend was visiting from Florida, so how much of a pain in the butt would it have been for her to try to prove BENSON had a racist police officer?? I'm very grateful for police presence in my neighborhood as long as they are not profiling anyone. I actually have a Wake County Detective, a Wake County Sheriffs Deputy and a Knightdale Police officer that all live in my neighborhood.......

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Do you even read your own posts before you hit the enter button? Look at your own post from yesterday.

5. Cleopatra

Yes, ignorance *is* bliss and that's how I would act if I were "being profiled". I have nothing to hide, it would give me more power to play along and play ignorant than to get all up in arms and give them a reason to detain me. Did your feelings about the cop and the situation change after your friend asserted that it was because your BF was hispanic?

6. turtlepits

Why would my feelings change about the cop or situation? Everyone in the car knew that's why he pulled her. All he was worried about was my husband. That's why my husband gave him his ID , cause we had nothing to worry about.

All I was doing was proving a point on how some police officers and other people already racially profile people. It's nothing new. I've been with my DH for 11 years and see it all the time. Like I said, if you've never been there you would never know.

7. Cleopatra

You said your friend brought up that it was profiling, that's why I asked if your feelings changed after she mentioned it.

And I am saying I just wouldn't let it become my identity, it's their issue not mine. And yeah, ten years ago it would be out of the ordinary to see one hispanic guy with two white chicks depending upon the neighborhood.

Are cops now supposed to be anxious of fulfilling their public duties for fear of being accused of profiling?

8. Cleopatra

Only if it's Twisters. :lol:

Better to park outside the LBJ and catch the rednecks instead.

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That's not profiling. If they stop every driver - or every 5th driver, every 3rd driver, etc. - they are not stopping drivers based on any personal characteristics. Profiling can be a useful tool in criminal investigations, and there's nothing wrong with it in general. What's wrong is racial profiling.

10. turtlepits

Not at all! As long as they don't make it personal, then there should not be a problem. I think the cop that pulled us just didn't like seeing white girls with someone that looks Hispanic.

In a make believe world that would work....but in this lifetime, I think too many people are too quick to judge people by their skin color. Shoot even my last name being of Hispanic origin cause profiling. I have credit card companies, phone companies and even sales ads from car lots coming to my house all in Spanish. It's just that kind of world!

11. Cleopatra

That's not profiling, that's marketing. lol

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh hell, you mean I'm being profiled by my last name? :shock: I get stuff in spanish frequently!! From companies I do business with.....................puh-lease. Throw the crap in the trash, like Cleo said, it's marketing.

13. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Do you know these officers? Why don't you ask them about it and see what they have to say?

14. turtlepits

LOL! Just too bad it's not in English on the other side, cause it goes straight to the trash.

I've been with Sprint for about 12-13 years now and this past year they sent me Christmas cards to send to people that were all in Spanish. I had to call Sprint and tell them to send me stuff in English not Spanish!

15. Because it's more fun to scream racism.

16. turtlepits

The ones that live in my neighborhood?? My son is bestfriends with the Detectives son.....

ask them what?

17. turtlepits

It wouldn't be screamed if it wasn't there!

18. Cleopatra

Heck, the public school sends home stuff in spanish.

If I were to go back to school I think it would be to brush up on my spanish and land a job translating.

19. turtlepits

That's what I say. You know the Spanish translators for the court system make good money.

20. Cleopatra

And with all the profiling, there would be job security. :cool: