ISO ?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, May 28, 2010.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I have asked a couple of times in the threads where folks ask for information on something and they include "ISO" in the title.

They either blew me off thinking I was making fun of them (Me? Never! :mrgreen:) or just never saw it.

In all seriousness what do you mean when you use this string of letters? Such as in today's post - ISO: Seamstress/someone who sews (with a Serger)

or also recently -ISO Plastic Vampire Teeth

Thanks
    Hught

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

In Search Of.............................:cheers:

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Somebody did answer you in one of those threads - it means "in search of."

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I missed it then, thanks to both of you!

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

My first thought was also ISO=International Organization for Standardization so you're not a weirdo, you just spend too much time at work!

I work in manufacturing so you spend a good deal of the day hip-deep in techspeak...ISO, UL, CE, TUV, ANSI, JSO, SAE, CAD, CST, CAM, FEA, MTBF, DXF, IGES, UG, CNC, HTD, XL, MXL, BOM, BOL, FOB, COTS, YRMV...

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

When I see ISO it stands for an image file ready to burn to disc.

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

im in the airline biz. everything is a 3 letter code in our biz. airport codes, city codes, policy and procedure stuff.

fyi...iso is the airport code for kinston nc. in case you ever need to know.:jester:

db's
    wife

oh and dont feel bad. i didnt know what it meant either. but im really ignorant of these lil codes on the computer.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, I understand, I have been on 94 airplanes so far this year and just booked for AUS this morning.

In addition like Mr. Pyle I have all the aerospace, automotive and chemical industry acronyms (PPAP, PFMEA, DFMEA, MSA, AIAG, etcetera) I sometimes wish we didn't always fallback on these shortcuts.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, ya'll brainiacs were just thinking too hard. :lol::lol::lol:

10. dangerboy

i find it highly annoying.

db's wife

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The text speech?? I do too, my soon to be 11 year old (who has no phone) answered a question this morning as "I" "D" "K". Smarty pants.

12. dangerboy

im guessin' that means "i dont know".
    and i do mean guessin'!

db's wife

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep, that was it, I just looked at him and shook my head. :lol:

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

As my company is ISO certified that is the first thing that pops into my head when I see the letters I.S.O