Great Deal for Summer Pool Membership

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Melynda, May 26, 2010.

1. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

http://smithfieldrecreationandaquaticscenter.blogspot.com/

If you sign up before May 31st its only $75 for the entire 3 months of the summer. The $75 only covers 1 adult ... but all kids under the age of 12 are free. I just signed up myself tonight. I took the kids to look around & they are sooo excited. That place has a little bit of everything for everyone. The membership also include 1.5 hours of childcare per day so Mom's can work out before they take the kids for a swim. After signing up the kids & I played on the outdoor play area for a while this evening ... I didn't think I'd ever get the kids to leave. Smithfield isn't as close as I would like it to be ... but I think the aquatics center is going to be worth the drive ... especially if it will only cost me $75 to keep the kids occupied this summer.

2. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!

3. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, we've been thinking about getting a membership there anyway. If it's 75 for three months for me and the kids, just have to find out how to add dad and grandma to it too.

4. Melynda

It would be $75 for each of them for the entire summer ... or you can purchase day passes for $7 each if you are a non-resident of Smithfield. I'm not sure what the Smithfield resident passes cost ... I just know it's less than $7.

5. Jenna's Mom

Thanks for the info. I'm going to head over while the kids are in school this morning to talk to them.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The water fitness schedule for the pool looks great! I might have to check it out too........

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

About how far is this from 40/42 area out of curiousity?

8. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Is there an outdoor pool also, or are all the swim areas indoors?

9. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

inside only

10. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

LOL! You can swim in my pool for $50.00 each :)

11. Jenna's Mom

I joined this morning. I'm actually a bit excited about it. I've been interested in joining but hesitant because of the 1 year contract. This way, if we don't really use it, I'm not stuck forking money over for it every month and I know not to join. However, I really think we'll use it. 3 trips with kids will pretty much pay for my membership.

12. Melynda

I thought about getting a yearly membership earlier in the year ... but I wasn't sure if we'd use it enough to justify the cost. This summer will be a wonderful trial run for us. If we use it regularly ... then we will probably purchase a yearly membership. However, I don't feel like I'm being too wasteful if I get to try the membership for 3 months and it only costs me $75.

13. Jenna's Mom

I'm the same way, I'm sure we'll use it for the pool alone, over the summer. My husband also got a 3 month deal this morning and well, between a workout this morning and then taking the kids to swim after school (they both get out by 11:30 cause of their special needs classes), we're worn out.