Free medical care???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, May 28, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I have a friend who's husband is out of work. Going on 2 years now. She works two different jobs. However, she has no insurance. (And please folks, do NOT turn this into some political thread). She has a thyroid problem as well. Are there any clinics around here? She works up here a few days a week and then at home (east of here) the rest of the week. Are there any places she could go to a doctor? Thanks in advance.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Try Four Oaks Family Health Center, #963-6400.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

SHe can go to any emergency room to seek treatment.

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

does she have that medicare?

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Johnston County Public Health Department
    Wake County Public Health Department

6. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

What have they done the last two years?

7. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

8. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback and I'll definitely pass that onto her. They don't have medicaid. She is self-employed at two different jobs. works in Raleigh part time and the rest on the other side of Greenville. Quite the commute. She is staying at our home part time to help them save costs. You know, b/c we don't have enough people living here on a daily basis. --LOL. No, she's nice so no worries. I think he is receiving some type of unemployment for sure. He's had a temp job for a short stent back in December. Their problem is they can't move as she'd lose her jobs so he's limited as to where he can work. Just wanted to see if she could get seen somewhere other than the ER. Thanks a bunch and I'll pass all the info onto her. Have a great weekend.

Stephanie--mom to 7

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Probably the same thing a lot of other people without insurance do,keep your fingers crossed and hope you don't get sick.

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Has she considered any homeopathic treatment?

11. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

Please understand that the Emergency Department is NOT for routine medical follow-up but rather for actual emergencies. That is a large part of the problems with the wait times in ED settings.

12. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!!! I get more abuse from people with toothaches, chronic problems, etc. If you need to come to the ED we will provide care BUT...EXPECT to wait! WHEW...with that said I am on my way to work, where i'm sure i will get yelled at by someone with a pain in the foot for 3 months that had to wait several hours....

13. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

I once sat in the ER with my daughter who is severely autistic and mentally retarded because she broke her elbow. Took about 6 hours just to get called to a room to be then sent for an x ray. After the x ray it took another 4 hours. So yeah, even with something that while may not be a life or death emergency but emergency enough to seek immediate attention is still a long wait. Thankfully in a way, the pain my daughter was in made her easier for me to tolerate in an environment that would normally set her off into extreme meltdowns and fits. The pain kept her focused on her elbow and not wanting to move it and she actually sought comfort (something she rarely does).