What kind of refrigerator...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, May 22, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Hey,that sounds like a plan,thanks for letting me know! :)

2. AnnetteL

Good to know,thanks! Sounds like a nightmare!!

3. AnnetteL

Went to Lowes this morning,they only had one Maytag fridge on display and that one was sold already,kind of lame I thought!!
    Checked out the Samsung models on display but we weren't impressed with any of them,DH thought that the bottom drawers looked flimsy.

4. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Check out Garner TV and appliance on 70, they have a great selection.
    We have had a Kitchenaid side by side counter depth for 5 years now and had an older version for almost 20 years prior to this one. No compliants and neither has required service.

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I had a Kitchenaid that I purchased new at my old house, I would buy another one. In fact, I would buy the exact same one, but with the freezer on the bottom. I could care less about ice makers. I have one, he is 15. lol

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

We've had our Kenmore about that long. It works great, we've had the ice maker fixed one time and that's all in all the years of owning it. (knocking on wood). :lol::lol:

Sherry

7. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. AnnetteL

10. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We bought our Fridgedaire off Ebay for $530 a few years ago. It's a very large side by side w/ icemaker, stainless steel, etc. It was BRAND NEW. Do check ebay out. This last one we bought (yes, we have to have 2 fridges in our kitchen) was a whirlpool side by side fridge on top & freezer drawer on bottom. Though it's okay, I would not buy another one w/ the freezer on the bottom. Prefer it w/ the side by side instead. The Whirlpool we bought as one of Lowe's display models. Absolutely nothing wrong w/ it either. Both have lasted so far w/ no issues whatsoever. BTW, many, many foreclosures will sell appliances out of the homes. (my neighbor works on foreclosure properties). So, lots of great deals around if you don't mind looking a bit. Good luck to you.

Stephanie--mom to 7

11. AnnetteL

Thanks!