iPad Fever

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

While I can't think of any reason why I would need a really big iPhone that doesn't make phone calls, doesn't have a USB port or play Flash, apparently there *is* a market!

"Sales of Apple's iPad tablet are showing no signs of slowing after reaching more than 2 million units in the two months since its launch, the company said. Research firm Piper Jaffray & Co. reported strong consumer demand in Europe, Japan and Australia after the iPad's debut in those countries Friday. Analysts, on average, predict Apple will sell 5 million iPads this year, although one analyst has predicted sales could reach double that figure."

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Yeah....I don't get it either....

3. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Just opinions and preferences of a specific product. Obviously Apple did it's homework when they marketed this product, or else they wouldn't have sold so many. It's no different than me saying I would never buy a Chevrolet because of loans from the government, slumping sales, and being cheaply made. However, some people like Chevrolet's. To each their own I guess.

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Apple has done well to create a brand centered around 'gadget-envy' regardless of whether or not that gadget is a good one (think iPod vs. iPad). It is almost a counter culture that will simply buy things because they think it makes them stand out / be different and cool.

Just think...how many folksy chicks can you pick up at the coffee house if you roll up with an iPad? Now imagine how many you could get if you are e-reading Kerouac and listening to Feist at the same time. Pure envy.

5. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

So it doesn't play flash? That was my number one question I've been trying to figure out. Well, in my opinion, it sounds useless to me. i also thought of it as an iphone that doesn't make calls. haha

I could see myself potentionally getting one in a few years. This one only being the first model I imagine there will be great improvements coming (maybe Flash? It would make a lot of sense!)

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Steve Jobs says "no go" for Flash.
    http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

I love my iPhone...it's a great gadget and frees me to travel from my PC/laptop and still remain connected. Not being able to access flash is annoying at times, but not a big problem.

As for the iPad, I keep wanting to like it. Just don't understand what it can do (besides the "wow" factor of how Apple's stuff works) that I can't do for about $500 less on my refurbished netbook.

7. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

yeah, i don't mind not having flash on my iPHONE, but if I were to shell out $800+ for an iPad that's basically a new version of a laptop, I'd be pretty irked.

I've heard a lot of people say it's amazing, but I think I'd feel pretty stupid carrying around an iPhone and iPad :p If I didn't already have a Kindle, I'd get the iPad just for that feature.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Needless to say, but I see an awful lot of them, and some rather creative holders. My attitude, if it is that difficult to hold/position why don't you just go with the smaller more functional version.

9. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

Mama said: "Using a 3" screen everyday is like masturbation. You gonna go blind boy!"

Can't wait for the future statistics on the eye damage from all those small screens.:)

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

11. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

12. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

sites are now planning to make their video compatable with the ipad's operating software. Thats shows you how powerful apples influence is.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Me neither.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member