Hotel deals-- D.C. area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

At the end of June we are headed to a reunion. We'll be going to Bull Run Park for the reunion itself. We're going up Thursday & coming home Sunday. We need a hotel room. Well, we always have to have 2 hotel rooms. So, looking for a great deal. I've used travelzoo in the past to book a few of our hotels and have done really well. I know D.C. is very expensive. However, hoping some of you have ideas of where to look. There are a block of rooms set aside for the reunion rate at the Hyatt. We need something that also serves breakfast b/c I'm not running to Wally World this trip again--LOL. So, suggestions in the Alexandria/ Fairfax area to stay? Or, where to look besides travelzoo, hotels.com, expedia. Thanks so much.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If I do not use the company site I use Orbitz.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

we stayed at Holiday Inn Crown Plaza in tysons Corner last year. Got it for around 75/night. Found the rate on one of the hotel sites then called the hotel direct to match and they did. Nice, and not far from the sub way line.

4. Abdulina

Thanks everyone. Orbitz had some awesome prices and working those out today. The Holiday Inn would be excellent if I can find it at that price. We have a Holiday Inn rewards card b/c we're trying to save up points for an international stay coming up later this summer in Bulgaria. Thanks for the help.

stephanie--mom to 7

5. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

If you want to use Hotwire, you can look at betterbidding.com to try and figure out what the hotel in Hotwise is before buying. You cna alos chekc and see what people are getting on Priceline. However, Hotwire might be better for you since you can specify the number of adults and kids. Priceline only guarantees 2 people per room.

6. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

7. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

Don't stay in southeast D.C.!!

8. Abdulina

Thanks. Saw that same deal. It's a great deal but still trying to be a cheapskate here--LOL. With 2 rooms, 9 people eating, it adds up quickly. Any little way we can save, the better. I found a bunch of deals on Orbitz. They are running around $59 a night. With breakfast and free parking. Not bad. I'm too chicken to attempt Hotwire. Never heard of better bidding so that may be a tool I can use. Thanks again all. I learn something new here every time.

stephanie--mom to 7

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Since your reunion is at Bull Run, stay in Manassas or Centreville. Rates will be cheaper than staying in FFX or Alexandria. 66 goes through both of them if you're looking to go into DC.