Multi Vitamins

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jun 4, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Are you taking any and if so which one's?
    I'm taking One a day and just got some for DH as well.
    Can you tell a difference?
    It seems to me that I can tell if I forget to take mine.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I also take a One a Day, I can tell if I missed a day because my urine is less colorful.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I've been taking vitamins for yrs and yes, I can tell a difference if I don't take certain ones. I don't use multi-vitamins, but I take calcium w/ D, C, E, B, fish/flaxseed oil, and some others. I also started taking some a few mths ago (plus an herbal supplement) to help with 'peri menopausal' symptoms - I can really tell a difference from those! :)

4. AnnetteL

Didn't know that one ;)

5. AnnetteL

Which one's are you taking for the peri menopausal symptoms?

6. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

There was a study done on the effects of multi-vitamins. It showed they do little to nothing for you.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't take any vitamins neither does DH.
    No meds either.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Does beer count as a vitamin?

9. AnnetteL

I think wheat beer does ;)

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

11. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I take Vitameatavegamin to control the blogorrhea I read in here sometimes.:jester:

Vitameatavegamin

12. AnnetteL

Got to get me some of them :lol:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Me either, I think it just give you expensive pee. :lol:

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Most people, according to research, gets their daily dose of vitamins in the foods they eat. Some people can have B deficiencies, iron deficiencies and a lot of folks come up short on D. Actually, Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to a variety of diseases, including cancer. Lot of folks just don't get enough sunshine. I think I read that 20 minutes of exposure to arms and legs are enough to get a daily dose of Vitamin D. Of course, calcium can be another area where people come up short depending on their diets.

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I take the Chewable Centrum. Can't take ones that you swallow whole, they make my stomache naushas? But YES, I can tell the difference, have alot more energy.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It makes your Urine colorful! :jester:

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Probably doesn't hurt a woman of child-bearing age to take folic acid supplements to help prevent spina bifida.

18. AnnetteL

Mine make me queezy if taken on a empty stomach,I believe it's because of the zinc,can't handle zicam either.
    That's were I can tell the biggest difference too,my energy level is much better so maybe I would have B deficiencies if I wouldn't take vitamins.

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Do they have iron? Iron can hurt a person's stomach. Niacin (or B3) can often be found in energy drinks so it might be you're getting a boost from the Niacin intake.

20. AnnetteL

They probably do but I used to take iron seperatly without any problems but the one and only time I ever took zicam which contains zinc I lost it again within a few seconds :ack: