This is too cool! Any Ted Nugent, Zumba, or Shakira fans?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ZUMBAbyMARIE, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Zumba Waka Waka dance guest starring Ted Nugent. http://www.youtube.com/shemane

Shakira has a challenge for you: can you do the Waka Waka dance? We're looking for as many Shakira fans as possible to do the dance for the organization 1GOAL in support of their project to promote universal education.

The idea behind this campaign is very simple: record yourself dancing the Waka Waka (the dance for the official FIFA World Cup 2010 song, by Shakira feat. Freshlyground). Just follow the steps shown by the dancers in the video. When you have your video ready, please upload it to YouTube and mark it as a response to the instructional video showing at Youtube.com/shakirawakawaka.

People throughout the world have already begun uploading their videos, even FC Barcelona, the newly-crowned champions of the Spanish League, danced the Waka Waka last night during their celebrations.

So, do you accept the challenge?

Join in and let’s all dance for education: 1 song, 1 dance, 1GOAL!

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

does anyone know if there's a link that shows who advertises on 4042.com? i see the business directory, but it doesn't seem to list all advertisers (or this one, by the way). would be nice to be able to confirm whether or not someone is a paid advertiser before giving them a hard time about using their username/avatar and seemingly innocuous related discussions to skirt around having to actually pay...

is it the green list at the bottom of the front page?

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yes.

4. dangerboy

:popcorn:

5. harleygirl

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm in a good mood today, someone else can do it. :mrgreen:

6. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Dangerboy. It's for charity. 1 GOAL Education for all. It just looked like a lot of fun and I thought this girl did an excellent job. Her Husband just happens to be Ted Nugent. I always play nice. Sorry to offend anyone helping people around the world learn to read.

7. dangerboy

zumba is a registered trademark. it's a business. this particular post may concern a charity event, but your name and avatar both contain copyrighted material used for profit.

but nice try with the "i'm just making the world a better place" angle....

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I have no issue with Marie or other posters using their business or affiliations as a screenname/avatar, if anything it gives them more credit in my book than some unknown poster. :cool:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I thought a Zumba was that little robot thing that vacuums the living room.

10. Cleopatra

No, that's Rosie on The Jetsons.

Gosh, get your robots straight.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

12. Cleopatra

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

14. harleygirl

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that is really cool! I can't personally accept the challenge....but sure would be fun to try! Thanks for sharing Marie! (plus Ted Nugent rocks! )

16. dangerboy

Ok then it's just me I guess. Seems in this case there's a pass being given for some reason, but whatever the majority thinx.....

17. Cleopatra

She has never outright posted "Hey, I teach ZUMBA. And I have classes here, and they cost $$$, come on down". In fact, I don't see hardly any of her posts mention ZUMBA at all.

I have also met her at a 4042 get together, nice lady.

18. dangerboy

So as long as they're not being sneaky about stealing free advertising, it's all good?

19. Cleopatra

From the person posting under dangerboy... lol isn't that a household name in the radio business?

Seriously, I don't think that was her intention, it's just who she is? Just like db isn't looking to make me listen to country.

20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not too sure my cats would allow one of those things in the house with out trying to kill it.