Headquarters Salon vs Do It At Home

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 17, 2010.

1. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

In Clayton, I highly suggest "My Girlfriends Place" on Hwy 70 right near the Rite Aid and Walgreens. Paul does my hair...Dawn is really good too! I have such a good time there! It really is like going to a girlfriends house to hang out and look pretty when you leave! I also won't go anywhere else to have my eyebrows waxed! Dawn is AWESOME!! You don't leave looking like a clown with red marks. There info is below. Good Luck!

My Girlfriends Place
    11448 Bus Hwy 70W
    Clayton, North Carolina 27520
    919-524-5859

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Yes. After you cross over the railroad tracks there is a brick shopping strip to the left.

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Love my stylist at HQ, Melissa.

4. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

BUMP!!! BUMP!!

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

FYI - all of the Andrea & Co stylists moved last week from HQ to The Salon at Chadburn, on Hwy 50. They're in the old Stephenson's (white) house and it looks really nice inside!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Good! They were crammed in like sardines at HQ.

Thanks for the heads up!

7. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Another happy customer for Sidney's. I went in today and Cindy cut my hair. She did a great job. Already made an appointment for next week for a color.

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

so much hair.....so little plastic surgery.

9. Luvgoose1

I want to send out another kudos to Maddy at Sidney's Signature Salon. I recently became her customer and love her work. Today is my daughter's birthday and she went to have highlights put in by a stylist who recently opened up her own salon in Clayton and is the only one working there. What a horrible experience! Her hair looked so bad she called me in tears and it wasn't anything like what she had wanted. The stylist just did what she wanted and wasn't willing to try to fix it for a week. I took my daughter to Sidney's and they called Maddy who was willing to come in early to see what she could do. She worked miracles and undid the damage and made my birthday girl feel like she was beautiful! She really went the extra mile and my daughter has now found a new stylist she can trust!

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I hope she didn't put in more color after just getting highlights. The other stylist was correct in not correcting the color until some time had gone by. That can really damage hair.

11. Luvgoose1

Maddy was able to use a special creme to bleach out the bright magenta color and then applied some other very gentle color to tone it. In the end, my daughter had the subtle light pink colors she had wanted. I'm not a fan of it but she wanted something fun and different for the summer. Whatever Maddy used was very gentle on her hair and didn't do any damage. The other stylist couldn't change anything for a week because she was booked up with clients and wasn't willing to work my daughter back in. Truth is she didn't want to spend the time to do it and I don't think she even knew what to do. She had a "you'll just have to live with it" attitude. She is a very young girl and my daughter had told her specifically what she wanted-the end result was nothing at all like that so it wasn't a communication issue.

12. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I would never question Maddy's work. She is very knowledgeable and has been doing hair for years!! I've been to her for several months and trust her completely. Pat

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am still sticking with Tina at Radiance, great person & does what i want but will make knowledgeable suggestions when i ask (and free wine don't hurt none, it is nice to feel pampered). i can't wait to try out their massages if they pamper you that much for hair care:cheers:

14. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

i love do it your self home hair color. I have amassed a lot of useless knowledge and this is one subject I like. The colors on the box are not what you actually get. They are just a reference.
    lol - I have done lots of folks. hair that is...
    single process is 20 plus the color cost only - -I have every other supply needed..really i do. and before we do it the first time I need to see you and your hair. So that we can get the correct color.
    pm me.
    There are ways to get highlights and all sorts of stuff just out of a few bottles.:lol:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I Shocantell you what looks best, on top of yo head!

18. Crysta

Crysta Guest

You get free wine at Radiance?! I went there for waxing every 5 weeks for like a year and never got free wine! And you'd think they'd offer that up for someone getting brazilians regularly.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Not that Horseface as your darn Avatar. It's like looking up his nose. :jester::jester:

Sherry

20. bbooe

bbooe Guest

salon

I have worked in this area for 2 years now. And the hairdresser fight each other they move from one salon two another. Time for a change. Just tell them so and or so can do it at ? for less they will match it. they do not want to lose you.