This is too cool! Any Ted Nugent, Zumba, or Shakira fans?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ZUMBAbyMARIE, Jun 4, 2010.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Haven't used the name professionally since 2002 which was 3 years before I joined the board, and never in my current line of work. I won't profit from using it here, especially on an ongoing basis. If my user I'd was CME4AMWAY and I came in here posting about the wonderful charitable works they do, generally on this board I'd be eaten alive. Why the exception here?

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

dude, you know how it works around here for this subject.....it completely depends on who the offender is as to whether it's breaking the rules or not. :rolleyes:

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Other members post a link to their business on their profile page and there are no rules against it. Isn't Dangerboy a name you used to make money? I have no objections to you using that as a user-name and I loved it when you used the copyrighted image of that comedian as your avatar.

I would not have objected to this one, but I typically jump in there.

4. dangerboy

Dude. Read. I haven't used the name professionally in 8 years. I do not stand to profit from using it here. I assume you're referring to the andy griffith statue in my avatar? Again, please tell me how I stand to profit from that.

You shoulda stayed on the sidelines with that weak *** sauce

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nah, the guy who does the price is right.

As far as your advice, you should have done the same.

6. dangerboy

Drew carey? Never used him as an avatar, or even ever mentioned him that I recall....either way, how do I stand to profit from that? I think you've lost it

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

If you used CME4AMWAY you would be called out as Blus and mocked mercilessly for falling for the pyramid scheme. :lol:

But seriously - IMO the exception as I see it, is that their profession is part of who they are. The ones that get the pass do not start out their first post obviously spamming the board for business. Folks are aware of what they do, and information on the topic in general is given when the topic comes up on the board, and more specifics when requested. The posters I am thinking of have also been around awhile and actively participate in the board, and get-togethers.

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Kind of, see my response to dangerboy. :)