This looks to be a GREAT sale on party stuff

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jun 1, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I found this in the classifieds. It looks like the party store at Peddler's Village is gonna get rid of their inventory. So sad to see a local owned business close. :cry:

HUGE LIQUIDATION SALE OF PARTY STORE - JUNE 2nd - June 5th. EVERYTHING 50-80% Off Retail Prices! Wednesday - 50%, Thursday 60%, Friday 70%, and LAST DAY-Saturday 80% OFF. EVERYTHING MUST GO to empty building for new Consignment Thrift Store coming SOON! Items in store include: Every Holiday and Seasonal Party Supplies of Plates, Cups, Napkins, Utensils, Tablecloths, and decorations, CARDS GALORE for every occasion! (Starting at $1.00 each), Gift Bags, Banners, Pinatas, Collegiate items, Stickers, Display Racks,Shelving Units, Counters, Round Movable Racks, Desk, and MUCH, MUCH, MORE!!!! Great items for Churches, Flea Markets, Schools, Clubs, Weddings,Special Events, Holidays, and Daycares! Come EARLY for good selection at great values! NO LIMITS!

We will ONLY accept: CASH, VISA, & MASTERCARD - NO CHECKS!

Tell your friends, family, and neighbors. We will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 10:00 am until 7:00 pm.

LOCATION: Peddlers Village on 42 West, Exit 312 - 40/42. Look for signs and (Snowman)

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!! Any questions, contact Tammi @ 919-661-6848 or 919-796-9256.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

That's too bad, they are really nice folks....

3. michelle

They sure are. You won't find anyone nicer. I think Wal-mart and Dollar Tree probably took a lot of their business.

4. michelle

Anybody been up there today?

5. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I made a trip today ... and they seemed to be fairly busy while I was there.

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I went by today. All day today it's 50% off, tomorrow (Th) it's 60%...on to Saturday with 80% off. They did have a lot in there, but not really what I was looking for. It almost seemed like they jacked up their prices before the sale, because when I went in there in earlier days the prices seemed a lot lower.

7. michelle

In that case I'll wait until Saturday to drop by. I hate it when stores do that!

8. tammi

tammi Member

Thanks

Thanks to all who have visited the sale. NO prices have been changed, a new business is moving in and all this stuff was left behindso, instead of donating it to get it out of the building we decided that since the community had shopped the business for almost 9 yrs we would let them shop and get lots of bargains. Customers are having a wonderful shopping experience and hate to see it go. They are also glad tho that a new thrift mall will be moving in.

9. michelle

Thanks for the info, Tammi. I will stop by tomorrow on my way home from work. Glad you are sharing the savings with the community. Can't wait to have a new thrift store in the area!

10. michelle

What happened to the original owners? Are they still in the area?

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

they actually closed the store several months ago, i hate that they did, i used to love having them up there to get unique party stuff & balloons from:cry: i will check it out whatever is left though, this girl cannot turn down a good deal.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yep Kaci, you're right. The original owners closed the store back in September and sold it to the folks that are "liquidating" right now. They bought the store "as is" with what they are selling now. Once they 'liquidate' what was left from the old owners (the big huge sale going on right now), they are going to restock and still remain a party store at some level.

I do still wonder what happened to the really nice folks that ran the old one....

13. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Here's another store going out of business but in Raleigh - carried party stuff although a bit different:
    [​IMG][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif][​IMG]
    Swoozie's | Corporate Headquarters |
    80 West Wieuca Road | Atlanta, Georgia 30342
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]www.swoozies.com[/FONT][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif] | 1.866.swoozies | [/FONT][FONT=Garamond,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]pizazz@swoozies.com[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]​

14. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I was in there yesterday and they said they were going to turn it into a high end thrift store.

15. KellBell

that sounds good!! :hurray:

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

Ya'll trip me out.

17. KellBell

why you tell me twice?

(and I wasn't sure what else to say....:?)

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

there must have been a glitch and you posted twice. Scroll up ^^^^

Calm down KB, breathe.... :lol::lol:

19. KellBell

I hain't upset....I was laughing at the large nutted man....and I couldn't figure out why he said it twice. I only see it once....damn, is it time for a cocktail?

20. KellBell

I only saw it once....and I knew you wuz pickin' with your big nutted self....:cheers: