Relay for Life 2010

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Apr 9, 2010.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I know several of us are members of Relay for Life teams, raising money to fight cancer. Let's post our fund raisers here. I know it won't be as much fun as last year, when some of us got to bid on the services of one of our members, but we'll just have to make the best of it. :lol:

Here's a link to my team's web site, for any who would like to donate online:
    www.jcdpfightcancer.com

Thank you for your support!

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Hey, if someone could coerce him into coming back for a good cause I would MOST definitely pimp him out again!!

3. KDsGrandma

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Well, once again I will be on KDs' team and donate $25.00 in honor of my mother. If you need her name please let me know.

Sherry

5. KDsGrandma

Sherry, if you go to the link in my first post, you can choose a gold luminary with stars for $25.00, and it will give you a place to put her name. Thank you!

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for all that you do. I will go to the link.

Sherry

P.S. And thanks to Pirategirl, too.

7. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Were any of you up at the Food Lion at 210 this morning? There was a table set up outside selling raffle tickets. I didn't buy a ticket but made a straight donation. If you were there, you looked like you were having fun. Gorgeous day!

8. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Johnson Memorial Church and Preschool team- BINGO

Johnson Memorial church and preschool Relay for Life team..

Bingo

If I have not told you, our Relay for Life team is having a Bingo fundraiser Friday night at Johnson Memorial Church. We will have hot dogs at 6:00 and Bingo will start at 7:00. Please come out and join us and help us raise money for find a cure for cancer while having a great time and winning some really cool prizes!!! Please share with others who might like to come and support us!

Friday April 16, 2010

Hot Dogs at 6pm
    Bingo at 7pm

Admission is $15 for a meal and two bingo cards
    Ages 6- 11 $10
    Kids 5 and under free!!

Additional cards can be purchased at the door.

Johnson Memorial Church
    8280 NC 50 Hwy North
    Angier NC 27501

2 miles South of Mcgees Crossroads

For more information call chuch 894-3688 (Gwen)

Hope to see you there!!

"Giving never moves in a straight line....it always travels in circles!"

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I was hoping I could join a team this year, but I'm aiming to be out of town that weekend. :( (Work permitting ... still up in the air)

10. KDsGrandma

Don't forget - it's Relay time! Come out to the community college this evening for a moving ceremony, including the lighting of luminaries, and for a fun street fair and some great food! We currently have 95 teams and over 1600 people registered for our event!! The event continues through Saturday morning.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I didn't see your flaming liberal booth, but there was a good crowd. :lol:

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

The luminaries around the pond at night are always a sight to see. The torches this years were amazing. Due to all of the turmoil in my personal life this year my team did not have a campsite but we did raise $$ and walk. Thanks to all who worked so hard to help find a CURE!!

13. KDsGrandma

Sorry we missed you, I would like to meet you. Since Will Rogers' comment - I belong to no organized political party, I'm a Democrat - is still accurate today, we didn't get our banner up until well into the evening, maybe that's why you didn't see us. We did have the tent set up and the raffle items on display early, and our Congressman and our candidate for Sheriff were there greeting people. Of course, neither of them spent much time at the booth, they were walking around shaking hands.

14. KDsGrandma

I looked for you, sorry I missed you. We were not right on the track, we were on that little cutoff right behind the auditorium, same place as last year.

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I was joking about the booth you were affiliated with, I didnt realize it was actually political, but I should have known. :lol:
    We were there from about 7:00 until 10:00. We walked around the trail 4 or 5 times. Found the luminaries that my lady purchased for both of our fathers and spent plenty of money at the booths. Which booth was yours? Was it on the main strip or off on one of the sides?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  16. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

2011 RELAY is June 3-4 @ JCC.
    (the usual place)
    Teams are forming now
    Want to join our team?
    Just PM me!​