Multi Vitamins

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

I take a multivitamin perhaps once or twice a week. If I'm feeling drained or been sick, I'll take it more often. I agree, most people get all they need from their diets. I need to make sure I take my glucosamine and stuff though, that does make a big difference for me.

2. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

3. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DH and I both take Centrum every day. I also take vitamin D-3 (my gyno said it is really good for womens bone health!) Glucosomine-Chondroitin, and a low dose asperin every day. I used to take fish oil, but I never could find one that did not give me fish burps, so I quit taking it. Even the ones that said on the bottle "No fishy aftertaste" still gave me a nasty taste.... YUCK!

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I take calcuim daily to help with cramps. I also take a multi vitiman but can't take it daily or I would be bouncing off the walls. I also take a fiber supplement.
    If you keep your fish oil in the fridge you won't have the fish burps.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

The only thing I take daily vitamin-wise is 1,000 mcg of B-12. I have difficulty getting enough protein in so this does help to supplement. If I forget it, I know it! I am so sleepy and lethargic.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Take that too and can tell if I don't since just like you I will feel sleepy.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  7. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I forgot, we also do a fiber supplement everyday. We put the Metamucil Clear and Natural powder in our coffee every AM. Cant even tell it is in there, no grit or taste at all...

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

What about Omega-3's? Way back when I was taking those giant fish oil gel cap. I hd to stop after the blood clots. Had to stop the multivitamins too. But I remember something in the news about a gel cap WAY smaller than those fish oil caps that supplied the same benefits. Does any one know what they are? I think they were red. And I know they were small! lol ....Maybe flax seed oil caps? Are they about the same?

9. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Mega Red Omega 3 Krill Oil? I have not tried them, but it sounds good...no fishy taste...

MegaRed® Omega-3 Krill Oil contains omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. Research has shown that DHA and EPA may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.+

Unlike fish oil, the omega-3 fatty acids in MegaRed® Omega-3 Krill Oil are absorbed and carried to the body's cells in phospholipid form. Phospholipids form the structural basis of cell membranes, so MegaRed® phospholipids with omega-3 fatty acids are easily recognized, incorporated and utilized by the body.

Importantly, because MegaRed® omega-3s are carried in phospholipid form, there is no fishy aftertaste.

MegaRed® contains oil from pure Antarctic krill, tiny crustaceans that thrive in the frigid waters of the Antarctic. MegaRed® provides an optimal combination of omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids and critical antioxidants to support heart and joint health. Just one small, easy-to-swallow MegaRed® softgel to take each day. MegaRed® Omega-3 Krill Oil is the superior source of omega-3.

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I KNEW somebody here would know! THANKS! :hurray: