Nascar

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CraigSPL, Jun 7, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

2. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

This doesn't end well for logano. Ask Carl Edwards, the last guy who made similar comments.

As far as Logano himself goes, i like the kid... but i agree with Tony Kanaan from wind tunnel last night. I have no transcript available, but I believe his words were "A parents place is in the grandstands with a popcorn and maybe a diet pepsi, not down in the pits fighting your battles for you." The kid is 20, and in his professional career. This isn't a mcjob. So i guess the question is... which is more of an insult, having your daddy in the pits helping you yell at your peer, or having your wife sitting on the pit box in a fire suit?

3. CraigSPL

If the wife in the fire suit is the one calling the shots and telling harvick to do this that or the other (such as bumping/spinning Logano) then I have a bigger issue with that.

4. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Exactly what shot needs calling here? You saw the arial footage, right? Logano took a line that was too sharp trying to secure the patch, and harvick was there already. The kid spun himself, if he wants to yell at anybody he should consider his spotter.

5. CraigSPL

Actually haven't seen the footage. Turned over to the race yesterday only for it to be under a weather delay and got busy watching something else. I do know that as stated it's not the first time this season it has happened between Logano and Harvick, though it was in the Nationwide series, and that Harvick's wife does call the shots for his Nationwide team.....at least in team ownership.

6. arogronjomom

arogronjomom Well-Known Member

They both were at fault to a certain extent, really. Logano tried to get somewhere that Harvick already was and he didn't give way.....I agree that Daddy shouldn't be down in the pits telling his boy to "go get him" which is what it looked like he said and as far as Mrs. "Fire suit" Harvick....well, maybe she needs a new dress, or some new jewels or an addition to the house or whatever and feels like she needs to tell her little man how to get there - HAH!!!