Cracker Barrell

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rajah, Jun 7, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

While it's not TRUE southern white sausage gravy as I grew up with, it is a heck of alot better than 99% of the rest of the "chain" resturants that try to make it.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Now THAT is a meal I could sink my teeth into!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

cracker barrel has the best pancakes on the planet. it's the only place I'll eat them.

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

ive never had their breakfast. their dinners to me are gross. that white gravy to me is the worst yankee attempt at the southern version. :ack:

db's wife

5. KellBell

breakfast is outstanding. hashbrown casserole gets 2 thumbs up too. Dinner, no way. not a fan at all. I'd rather go across the street to Smithfield Chicken and BBQ.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I used to love their meatloaf. Now I go to CDH if I'm too lazy to make it myself, because they give you a nice size piece and it's really good.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've cut out a lot of meat consumption, but I'm not by any means a vegetarian solely. Many moons ago, I used to like the meat loaf sandwich that Boston Market had. For some reason, I grew tired of it and didn't go back. About the only red meat I eat now is an occasional burger from Cookout. I'll have to try CB's meatloaf, though.

8. CraigSPL

I think that the Ale House/Draft house....what ever the thing is across from Autozone has a better meatloaf sandwich than CB.

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i guess that since we are now mostly talking about who has the best meatloaf sandwich there must not be any updates on what was going on at cracker barrel! i know one thing, im gettin' hungry.

db's wife

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Ummm...........across from Advance? :lol::lol:

11. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Man Dies, Wife Hospitalized After Being Found In Car
    An Angier man died and his wife was hospitalized after being found in their car in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel at 5199 NC42 West at 11:25am Monday. Fifty-two year-old Cary Harper Lockemy was found slumped over the steering wheel of his car, according to Johnston County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Tammy Amaon. He later died at the hospital from apparent medical problems. His wife, 49 year-old Renee Lockemy, was found unconscious in the passenger seat. She was taken to the hospital for treatment and is expected to be okay. Authorities believe the couple both suffered unrelated medical complications simultaneously. No foul play is suspected.

Sounds a little funny to me...... wonder if they ever made it IN Cracker Barrel??

12. KellBell

that story is about as off the wall as the couple that was in Asheville this weekend...he was going to propose and she got struck by lightening....that is whack.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/state&id=7484721

13. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

It's the Cleveland Draft House (CDH) and is across from Advance Auto. They have a homemade meatloaf platter that comes with mashed potatoes and green beans or a sandwich that comes with a choice of sides.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I read that yesterday. Very sad. DH has camped and hiked there many times.

15. KellBell

it is the craziest thing I have heard lately....

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Funny that neta4packers removed her post. :confused:

17. CraigSPL

yeah that's it........don't get out that way much obviously, with having and Autozone and Advance auto about 2 miles from the house in C-town.

18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Well, I could see where she might have assumed these people were traveling and had just stopped to rest even though the car was in the driveway rather than in a space. By her account, it was likely these folks that she saw but, in this day and age, you never really know when to get involved and when to butt out. We should all be attentive to others, but some things are not always as obvious to some as others. Hopefully, if she is feeling remorse or regret for not checking on them, she won't beat herself up over it. Afterall, the man likely had either passed or wouldn't have been able to be helped and his wife got the medical attention she needed.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Probably because someone got all smart and asked her why she didn't check on them. I don't go up knocking on stranger's cars either. Good grief. That near the interstate, I don't THINK so. Who knows, they could have been drugged or drunk or who knows what.
    :?

20. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

She shouldn't feel guilty. I don't butt my head into people's business either. Them sitting in the car chilling wouldn't have fazed me, but unfortunately it was a different story this time.