A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

no actually it should be called just that, for my kids. They haven't been sick in years. So THANKS for the PERFECT ATTENDANCE award (rightfully named)4 years in a row.

:mrgreen:

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

:iagree: My kids have had perfect attendance too. Not because they go to school sick, they just don't get sick. (knock on wood) My youngest missed the award this year thanks to the piggy flu. He missed 5 days the entire year. So when they are sick they stay home!

3. KellBell

I knocked on wood too. :mrgreen:

me and my sister's got that same award when we were in school too. My dad never missed one day of work either....42 years at Weyerhaeuser. To this day, I can recollect him having a cold once. Must be genetic is all I can figure.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll are lucky, I think DS has missed about 10 days this year, it's been awful. He's had perfect attendance in the past, but if he's sick (running a fever sick) then I keep him home.

5. turtlepits

Same here. I was proud when I got it and so are my boys. Shoot, my youngest got hurt playing soccer, had to be taken to the ER, didn't get home until 3:00am, I tried to get him to stay home considering he was on a lil sleep, crutches ,and a leg brace, but he insisted he was going to school. He was getting an award for Perfect Attendance for that 9 weeks. :)
    I don't force them to go, they want to go! Might be why they make Honor Roll and get other Awards too. They just like school!

6. KellBell

mine like school too....but I think it's because all the girls have boobies now. :lol:

boys will be boys.

7. turtlepits

GIRL! I know that's right!! Little hormones are racing!! I was at the Middle School just Monday and all I can say is WOW! :)

8. KellBell

WOW is right....it's unbelievable. :neutral:

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

DH and I were discussing kids yesterday.
    behind a bus, kids get off to go home..

DH: is that what kids wear to school now
    Me: Yes
    DH: I'd kill my kid

:lol:

I was SHOCKED to see what girls are wearing, they look like hookers for petes sake. Put some clothes on ya self.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

You ever had the urge to walk up to some teenaged girl and ask her if her mother knows she's dressed like that? :jester:

11. KellBell

they have really strict guidelines at school....so it must be their "bus" attire....LOL. They can't show nothing but from the elbow down. Course everything they wear looks like it was spray painted on, but they're covered. :mrgreen:

12. harleygirl

NO! I just shake my head.

In all honestly I was FLAT as a pancake (imagine that) in MS and HS.
    I'd wear biker shorts (remember them) UNDER my jeans to make my butt look bigger. :lol:

I sure didn't look like a hoe tho. :?

13. harleygirl

You got that right sista. Hell my jeans aren't even THAT tight. :lol:

Ya'll be good, I'm going outside.

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Course for most boys that's actually probably more of a turn on.....the tight clothes giving a hint of what's hidden underneath....and the girls know it too.

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

You are a nut!!!

Sherry

16. Sherry A.

We were told no umbrellas but I did not put down tissues and thank you for reminding me. I know my dad will have something but he may need to use it. He actually found my little girl when she was 7 months old in a Ukrainian hospital, sick, waiting to go to an orphange and was the first in our family to hold her. He deserves this graduation as much as we do!

Sherry

17. Sherry A.

I've had the urge and on some that I know I do ask. They call me the mother from hell. I'm conservative on how we dress and I do know other parents that are the same and do not know their daughter is dressing like we see them. I know I didn't cover up everything when I was a teen as we wore halter tops and hip hugers. Made a lot of our clothing and all but my actions did not show me as being a hooker or anything. Always remembered that my parents taught me actions mean more than anything.

I also did not mature, physically, like these girls at that age.

Sherry

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I'd still take one, in case it rains! :)

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This is my last day of peace and quiet....

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers: Why do you think I work? DH works from home most of the time and DS will be there all day.................yeah. :jester: