Where are the Nice Non-Chain Restaurants??: 40/42 or Garner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by GarnerHome, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Baked Ziti or Spaghetti w/ meatballs! How about their stromboli! It is to die for!!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't waste money at the ClubHouse anymore. We went a few times, service sucked and food was mediocre (when it was finally brought to us).

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If the OP is willing to come down to Clayton, then Mulberry on Main cannot be left out. They have a great atmosphere and italian food!! Even just a salad (with their awesome balsamic vinagrette dressing) and pizza is outstanding! If you like eggplant, they have great Eggplant Rollatini, their Veal Marsala is also out of this world! To top it off, they have great Tiramisu also!! The owners father is much older and walks around singing old italian songs sometimes too.

They are only open for dinner Thurs - Sat. nights.

http://www.mulberryonmain.com/index.html

4. ubergeek

ubergeek Well-Known Member

Fuquay has a lot of good restaurants. We tried Daniel's on Main yesterday and it was really good, better than Olive Garden's Italian. Coolie's is good (sandwitches, etc) as is the Mexican restaurant, El Meson, by the Kroger and the Japanese place beside it.

5. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I love Venero's Pizza- their food. I have been there enough to comment so flame away if you must. When we go it is usually during lunch right around 12:30 cold 2 pizza's on the buffet. Ask the waitress if they will bring something out that is hot she says yes. Sit there eating cold pizza, 1 hot pizza comes out everyone attatcks! then to wait for another piece if another pizza comes out.

I have had this happen about 5 times, yes I love the food but bring some pizza out! You can say don't go back but I really like the food just bring it out and I have asked. I can't just sit there all day I have to get back to work. I have left there still a little hungry because I don't like cold food. I have had other people tell me the same thing.
    Maybe it's the kitchen I don't know but gee.

6. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

LOVE Daniel's on Main! Authentic food, with a great atmosphere too. Of course it is not cheap but it is not expensive either. Great place! I always get the Seafood Fra Diavlo! YUM! YUM!

By the way Fuquay is getting a Krispy Kreme too! 8)

7. GarnerHome

GarnerHome Well-Known Member

I've tried Daniel's. Really good. Just wish we had something like that a little closer to home.

8. cjcarden

cjcarden Guest

9. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

We've eaten at Daniels. I had the fettuccine alfredo. It was very good but they didn't give me enough to take home for lunch the next day. Our waitress was a little slow and not a very good listener. She brought another couple at our table something they didn't order.

10. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I would like to add Skylines in Clayton to the list.

11. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

I second Skyline's. Mary the Chef is a hard worker and is willing to make things right for the customer.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

are they supposed to? :mrgreen:

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree:

14. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Hee Hee. Usually when I go out to dinner I have enough left over for lunch the next day. I'm not a really big eater. The plates are very shallow so it looks like a lot of food but it's not. :cry:

15. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Charlie's BBQ

Charlies BBQ is across from the old DR Wells store on cleveland school rd.

16. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Daniels On Main

OMG! Just got back from Daniels on Main in FV and it is AWESOME!!! I got the shrimp with lemon dill sauce on linguine and DH got the lobster ravioli. It is sooooo much better than Carrabbas or Olive Garden, and I like Olive Garden and Carrabbas! The pear & blue cheese salad was delicious as well. The plates were so big that both of us brought home 1/2 of our salads and 1/2 of our dinners for tomorrow. We will definately be going back.....

17. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

I personally always have some for the next day too, but I order the pasta with a spicy marinara with mussels, shrimp, fresh clams, and calamari (I have to tell them NOT the whole calamari though because the first time I ordered this they had the whole little calamari's in the dish and my mind just wanted to see little octopus/squid and it is a mind over matter for me - lol). Although I also order a bloody mary with my meal. So between that and the bread I do not have room for a lot when my entree is brought to me so that may be why. LOL Glad you liked it too! So far it has been great food for us each time however, the service was pretty slow our last trip but the manager has always been on the floor which is nice.

18. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Our service was pretty good tonight, but it was a little later when we got there so maybe it was after the big dinner rush was over. I liked that the manager came over and introduced herself and asked if we enjoyed our meal. Their bread with dipping oil was so good, I could have made a meal of just that and the salad! :)

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Dang Art, when did he put YOU on the payroll? ;)

20. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I like La Cocina, but i guess that's a chain since there are 7 of them in NC. but i think it was started by one family?