Domino's NEW and IMPROVED Pizza....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jun 14, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I thought I was going to throw up. DH said "theres something wrong with this pizza"

Good thing they have a $ back guarantee.

I'll be taking them back today AND getting a refund.

:ack::ack::ack:

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I loved it!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm with you HG. WAY too much garlic now. Blech.

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

We used to be loyal Domino's customers. Not the best pizza, but with a family of 6, and usually some friends, theirs was the best deal. We ordered pizzas when they first "improved" the sauce and crust and that was the LAST time! I've either been making them myself or catching frozen pizzas on sale and stocking up.
    Last weekend, my husband decided he wanted a pan Supreme from Pizza Hut. We haven't ordered from there in years because of the price. With their $10 deals, it wasn't so bad. We got 2 large pan pizzas for $10 each and got a large thin crust extra-cheese, which I think they only charged us $5.99 for. I had forgotten how much I like their pizza!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We got a 3-meat one from Little Ceasers on Friday night for $8 and it was really good. I'm not generally a fan of Little Ceasers, but this one I can eat.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

It's not horrible, but I don't see how it beats Papa Johns in a taste test survey. Its merely adequate...nothing more, nothing less. However, even Papa Johns is not what I'd call savory. The best pizzas IMO are those you'll find in individually owned and family owned eateries.

7. harleygirl

I'm a fan of garlic (don't pass out :lol: ) BUT we just couldn't put our finger on EXACTLY what the funky taste was.

For the price I PAID, I can get 4 LF frozen pizzas for the same price. :?
    (which is what I normally do/have in the house, but didn't this time) :banghead::banghead:

Worst part is I went UP .5 lbs. :x:x
    I won't make that mistake again.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I try to limit my pizza intake to just once a week. I can just about eat a medium pizza by myself and that is my weekly food indulgence. I avoid the meats and extra cheese though going with a couple of veggies instead to make the most of the meal. I, too, hate that bump on the scales but what I do is drink plenty of water with it and it drops back down in just a day or two.

9. harleygirl

I've drank enough water to probably kill me.
    Just worked out and me and the dog got on the treadmill. :lol:
    it' on "mobile uploads" on my FB page. :lol::lol:

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

You sure must of eaten a bait of it to gain a half a pound!!!

Didn't hate it that bad, did ya??? :lol:

And if you gained a half apound, how much can there be left to take back??? :?

;)

11. harleygirl

I had 2 pieces. :ack::ack:

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Heck, my weight will fluctuate as much as two pounds at any given time during the day. I don't stress over anything less than five pounds.

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Ray's Pizza, a 4042 advertiser......best around

rayspizzanc.com

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Exactly where is it again? The Google streetview marks Ray's Pizza as a house on 42 and that's following a link off Ray's site. I'm always eager to try a different pizza place to find a new favorite.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

H
    Bad habit Google has, it will give you the mailing address, rather than the physical address.

I don't know if that is the situation here.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

At Hwy 42 & Barber Mill Rd, there is a gas station with a small restaurant on the left side. It used to be a country cooking place, then a white swan, then a hot dog place, then a pizza place, and now Rays Pizza - they have great meatball subs as well as pizza.

I also have to add that Three Olives pizza at the Sandhus gas station @ Guy Rd & Amelia Church Rd is also very very good!! They also deliver, and have some good coupon deals.

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Thanks tassy, I know exactly where that is at now.

18. harleygirl

Well, they done good.
    Took BACK the pizzas, credited my debit card AND gave me a credit for another pizza (not the same style) for FREE.

yeah them.

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

New and improved hardly ever is....IMO :?

20. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Kinda makes you wonder what they were pushing on people when it was the same ole crap as always.