Ideas for icecream

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, my kids & the neighbor's kids have decided that they want to help raise money for our adoptions. So, they want to hold a mini fundraiser by doing an icecream & bake stand this weekend. This should be a riot in the mid-90's selling ice cream. Anyone see where this may go horribly wrong??? LOL. But, I admire what they are trying to do and they are set on this one so I'm rolling w/ it. Plus, it will just be on our street so doubt it will be busy. I like them to follow through b/c it is a great life lesson. Anyhow, we were trying to think of some easy stuff to sell in the heat. So far, we've come up w/ fruit bars, ice cream sandwiches, canned soda, sweet tea, good humor bars. I was thinking cookies but they'll melt. Everything else will be in the cooler for sure. Any other suggestions are welcomed. They did this a few years ago w/ lemonade/ tea and made $75. They were SO proud. And sweaty. If any of you happen to drive by Southills this weekend, do stop by. Even if it's to say hello as they love to talk. I have a feeling we're going to be eating lots of ice cream the rest of the summer. Suggestions of easy stuff for kids to sell would be wonderful. Thanks a bunch. BTW, I LOVED the ideas everyone came up w/ for a tacky Father's Day shirt.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

don't know the pricing on them, but i LOVE the little individual cups of ice cream you can get a bag of in the ice cream section at the store...i hope they still come with the little wooden spoon/paddles. anybody remember pine state? ah, brings back memories of elementary school. good luck to the kids, and good job mom for supporting them.

3. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

and one more...more specifically on the canned soda front, minute maid lemonade in the can is awesome...as are orange and grape crush. :)

4. Abdulina

Thanks! I had totally forgotten about those little ice cream cups. Those remind me of elementary school too! Great idea.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the Dots-type of ice cream not melt as easily?

6. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

How nice!!!

Can you email me the whereabouts of the subdivision? I know my kid will want to stop by. She has a huge heart for things like this. :)

7. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Maybe sugar cookies won't melt...and last week, I made some and decorated them with a glaze that hardens. I don't think it would melt once it gets hard
    and the kids would have a ball painting on the cookies. I will e-mail you the recipe for that if you want.

Also, if you want to do lemonade and keep it cool, make lemonade ice cubes the night before and stick them in the container with the lemonade. That way, it's not watered down with ice!

8. Abdulina

Great idea w/ the lemonade. Do send me that recipe. boydbunch@gmail.com. Now, we have to work out a good time to do all this. We are having one of our daughter's birthday parties the night before and into Saturday. And, we're keeping another friend's child this weekend due to a family illness. So, throwing this in the mix might get interesting. I think we'll start making some of this stuff on Thursday maybe. I know we're doing the stand on Saturday but have no idea what time might be good. I was thinking late afternoon. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Stephanie--mom to 7