Produce and Meats etc.at Target

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jun 15, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I just recently read online that Target plans on adding produce,meats,etc. to most of their reg. stores but didn't think we'd be seeing it anytime soon but sure enough-the one at White Oak already got it.

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yep, they just opened that section last week. Their food prices didn't seem bad. The produce/meat section is small, but if you just need a couple things, it's great for a one-stop shop. Don't know if the "old" Garner Target is going to do this as well?

3. AnnetteL

Not sure about the old one either.
    I had to get some bacon and thought I would need to stop at walmart on the way home but I got it at target instead ;)

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Yep-I am so happy Target got some more grocery items in! I love me some Target and the fact that now I don't have to make another stop at a grocery store on the way home is definitely a plus! I had been to the Super Target near Triangle Town Center before and was very impressed by the look of the meats and produce.

5. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

It's not Super Target but it'll do! They sell bananas by count rather than weight (no scale at the registers). That could be a good or bad deal depending on the size of the banana :). Thye were .19 each last week.

The Market Pantry coleslaw in the cooler section is pretty good, and it's only a penny more than the container at the WalMart deli. I like WM's better, but it saved me a separate trip last week to WM to just get coleslaw and romaine lettuce.

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

$.19 each for bananas doesn't sound bad. However, the apples I paid $.80 each for last week left a sour taste in my mouth. :evil:

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Were they Granny Smith? I think they're better for baking. ;)

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Figuratively, not literally......you know what I meant! :)

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I like the little market down in Pine Level for good meats.

10. AnnetteL

I like sour apples ;) can't stand the real sweet ones:ack:
    also like McIntosh.