A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I want to get married on the beach.

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

DH and I renewed our vows on the beach a few months ago. It was awesome!

3. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I bet it was awesome. I'm seriously considering it. I figured I'm getting too old for the traditional dream wedding.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I am super safe mom. :cool: I have taught two kids to swim, and another one in the process. Hopefully next year, no floaties!

We need to get together. We miss you, and I need my pan back so I can make more coffee cake. lol

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

*I'm* getting married on the beach. :cool:

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I'm conducting a wedding next Sunday on the sand at Atlantic Beach. C6 is 'shooting' the pics. We've done several of them on the beach. Simple, yet elegant.

Let me know is you need a minister to officiate.

H6

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Tangy, a beach wedding was exactly what I wanted initially but mama really thought I should get married in our church...so we did! It was very beautiful but to honest, if my mama and daddy would have been here for the beach renewal, that one would have meant the most to me. My BIL is an ordained minister and performed the ceremony. It was just perfect. Let me know if u need more info. It was also MUCH cheaper than the first one. Some of the pics are on my FB page.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My BIL & his wife were initally planning a beach wedding, but instead, decided to book the restaurant/candle shop on the Riverwalk in Wilmington. I guess their thoughts were that the weather would perhaps be more forgiving a few miles from the coast. It was nice, though.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Really Cool Dragonfly We Saw Over the Weekend in VA

[​IMG]

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You take that pic, kdc? That's awesome photography!

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you, yes sir, I did. I love playing with the camera. Hoping an SLR is in the near future. :mrgreen:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Here is one of my in-laws dog. She's a sweetheart.

[​IMG]

And another variety of dragonfly:

[​IMG]

13. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

these pics are beautifil. what kind of camera DID u use?

db's wife

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a Kodak, believe it or not. A few years ago, we went to Wolf and bought a really high-end camera and then ran across a Kodak at Sam's we liked as well a couple days later. We took side by side shots of the same subject and the Kodak blew the really expensive one out of the water in our opinon (and you know what they say about opinions), so we returned what I think was a Nikon. This is not that particular camera, but DH found it on clearance at Target last year and we have been pleased. It's a KODAK Z712 IS with 7.1 MP and 12X zoom. The previous one was 5 MP, with a 10X zoom which I still have as a back-up. I can't part with it, it's actually built better than this one is, but I like the zoom more on this one. Honestly, anything much over 5 MP is overkill unless you are doing this close-up stuff. Now I do want one that I can use additional lenses on. DH and I both want to take a photography class of some sort. I took 94 pictures this weekend, LOL.

15. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i know nothing about photography but would like to start learning and take better pics. is this a camera that pretty easy to figure out?
    I would like to take a photography class sometime too. when i can find the time. lol

db's wife

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Random thought of the Day

I hate coming back to work after having an extra day or two off.

17. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Went to Logans Road house and had the best steak ever. Bone in Ribeye. Of course my lovely wife was with me. Have a goodern.

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Haven't been to Logan's in a while.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I highly recommend it. :cheers:

20. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

This weather with the mid-nineties temperatures in June is just plain wrong. Someone order up a real coldfront.