Need help finding an OB/GYN asap

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pjb, Jun 21, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Isn't he a native of India with an office near the hospital in Smithfield?
    I was sent to him after I had a abnormal pap,I'm sorry but I will never go back there again.When it turned out that I needed a hysterectomy he insisted he could perform it in Smithfield ( which wasn't the only reason that I looked for another one)but I found me another doctor with far better surgery skills,Dr. Boggess.

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Annette, I agree that Dr. Boggess is wonderful! Dr. McKenzie referred me to him when I had to have surgery a few years ago. Did u know that he also has a band that performs and donates all $$ to ovarian cancer research?

3. AnnetteL

Yes I do ;) it's called NED right,I'm "friends" with it on facebook and he also told me about it during my last visit in January.
    Was your surgery performed with the Da Vinci robotic system also?
    About 4 years ago when I was supposed to have the surgery I did an online search about the subject which is how I found out about him.

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Hmm...not sure but it was done with only 2 small incisions. He had to remove an 8.3 cm cyst from my left ovary. I gave him so much grief before the surgery about being @ UNC Hospital (I'm a State fan) that I told him if I woke up w/ a Tarheel tattooed on my butt I was going to be angry. lol He's got a great bedside manner as well as his skills. Dr. McKenzie said he sent me to him because that is who is would send his own wife to. Very impressed!

5. AnnetteL

:lol:

Sounds like the same thing...
    Yes,he's a real cool and skilled guy!

6. pjb

pjb Guest

Have an appointment tomorrow!

Thanks guys. I was able to get an appointment tomorrow! Cary OBGYN said they would call me in about a week to schedule an appointment. No way could I wait that long! Got my fingers and toes crossed.....

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i know, right? i just rather have some crochety old man. (excuse the pun)
    just kiddin' i rather have an older male doc or a female doc. i just feel more comfortable somehow.

db's wife

8. AnnetteL

Good Luck to you :grouphug:
    I know it's tough to wait!!
    If you have any questions please pm me!

9. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Good luck to you. I highly recommend Jack Inge at Midcarolina Ob/Gyn in Raleigh.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I used to prefer the male docs, especially after a spectacularly bad experience with one female doc in TN. However, here, I've found a female doc I like. I guess it doesn't matter too much in the "end". :jester:

11. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I went to Karen Roane several years ago. Changed due to wanting a doctor in a different location - - was nothing against her. A few years ago I wanted to start back going to a doctor in the Garner area. Went back to her. She saw on my chart I had a baby since I had gone to her last - - back when she was still delivering babies. She complained and just kept bringing up the fact that I didn't let her deliver the baby. I tried to explain why I had been going to a different doctor. Never been back to her since.