How to block wii fii from my kid's I-Pod

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by doggy, Jun 23, 2010.

1. doggy

doggy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

If my kid couldn't be trusted, they wouldn't have it.......PERIOD!

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I can't answer about the i-Pod, but I have to agree with dgsatman. Also, if you know which neighbors have wireless networks that are unsecure, you may want to let them know that they should enable security on them.

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Take it away. Kids will ALWAYS find a way to use something if they want it bad enough. My daughter was banned from our computer & stuff at home. Found out she went to other kids' houses whose parents are much more lienient. She is now at home w/ NO life whatsoever until the end of June. This happened at the very beginning of June btw. They have to show you trust to earn trust. There is way too much technology out there for these kids to get around everything. It's tough but we all survived w/ out the ipods, the facebook, the cell phones, etc. Good luck but I think I'd take it away for awhile. They might appreciate it that much more once they earn it back.

Stephanie--mom to 7

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Doesn't it log on to the network with an IP just like any other computer? If you have a firewall, just block the IP in your firewall settings at the server. Beyond that, I wouldn't know what to say. However, I would agree with everyone else. Take the whole dern thing away. It's your parental privileges to exercise discipline.

7. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

if she's being disobedient she needs to be punished (i.e. take the iphone away). hello.

8. doggy

doggy Well-Known Member

We have had some issues in our house too. Hard to believe how one person put the entire house in "tilt".

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

there is only one way to block the wifi on an iPod touch....take it away.

(my kids have a touch too. when they are being punished all gadgets become mine. whether it's a "little" bit in trouble or in deep doo-doo trouble...just sayin')

10. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

The problem, i'd guess, isn't their network but other unsecured networks in the area.

Connect the ipod to a computer, recover it (blows away anything they've done to it, which could be important if they got the opportunity to set any other passwords), and lock safari, music store and app store. Any apps they want they can ask you to get for them. with those applications blocked, and the device having no other applications, you can connect to whatever wifi points you want to, and all it'll do is decrease the battery life.

Or take it away.

11. Rush1

Rush1 Banned

Sounds like you need to put your big parents' pants on and beat his *** one time.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you have to ask folks on a message board about something as simple as this, your kid is on a fast track to becoming a **** up.

12. H3xKing

H3xKing Well-Known Member

???

Sounds like your child accessing wi-fi from an iPod is the least of your problems, seeing as how you can't tell whether or not your own child is a male or female. Did "she" get a gender reassignment today?

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Oh crap!!!! That explains it. She's turned into a boy. Darn that testosterone!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010