A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray: That was a nail biter game!!! I love soccer!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

DH has a 68 coupe, in pieces. :lol:

I just want to make sure mine goes faster than his AND looks way cooler. :lol:

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Any late-model V8 Mustang will probably be quicker. Actually, the brand-new 5.0L Mustang makes 412 horsepower which can be had for about $30,000 base. Team that up with the 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto and you've got a lot of grins per mile! The auto probably is about as quick nowadays but NOTHING like grabbin' gears in a full all-out powershift. I love the Shelby, but the Mustang GT is the absolute hands-down best performance car bargain of 2011!

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Meet my new toy... I sold my Nissan 240SX to a friend and bought this from DH's dad (I think it was his mid/late life crisis and he was done with it) :mrgreen:

We still have the Ford Ranger and the Jeep Grand Cherokee... so its the best of both worlds!

[​IMG]

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Sounds like Rick & Lynn of the former "alleged" prostitution from Craigs List. Remember when their house got busted and it was on the news? Rick used to advertise all that time that he also did roofing with 30 yrs experience, and he fixed lawn mowers..... even the phone # above sounds familiar.... maybe I'll go search on CL and see what else they are scamming now.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Here's my Craig's List ad

Just drank my last beer.....the fridge is empty....anyone fot a spare 12 pack they are willing to donate till I can get to the store?

7. CraigSPL

Of late I'm liking this one myself. And based on the "range" highlighted below I could honestly drive back and forth to work for FOUR weeks on a single charge or TWO weeks if I went home for lunch every day.

[​IMG]

specs:

Performance Specifications
    Style 2-seat, open-top, rear-drive sports car
    Drivetrain Single speed fixed gear with electrically actuated parking lock mechanism and mechanical lubrication pump
    Motor 375 volt AC induction air-cooled electric motor with variable frequency drive.

Base: Output 288 peak horsepower (215kW) and 273 lb-ft (370 Nm) of torque. Redline at 14,000 rpm.

Sport: Output 288 peak horsepower (215kW) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) of torque. Redline at 14,000 rpm.
    Chassis Resin-bonded and riveted extruded aluminum monocoque. Four-wheel independent suspension featuring upper and lower unequal length wishbones and co-axial coil spring telescopic dampers.
    Brakes Hydraulically operated. Tandem master cylinder with vacuum servo and anti-lock braking system.
    Acceleration Base: 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds
    Sport: 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds
    Top Speed 125 mph (electronically limited)
    Range 245 miles

Expected Battery Life Seven years or 100,000 miles.
    Battery Custom microprocessor-controlled lithium-ion battery with 6,831 individual cells.

8. harleygirl

Ohhhh..... pretty.

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

That's the Tesla isn't it, Craig? They are sweet cars and the performance is incredible. It would take me awhile, however, to warm up to it. For me, part of the primal thrill is turning over a healthy V8 engine and hearing the soundtrack of the exhaust as you row through the gears. That just gets my pulse beating a bit faster just thinking of it. Of course, the gas mileage on a premium-swilling Corvette or Shelby isn't exactly that great, but that would be a weekend car anyway. I do love the Tesla's styling, though.

10. CraigSPL

Yep it's a Tesla Roadster, and while I have to agree there is nothing like the sound of a big HP v-8 grumpling at a stop light waiting to let loose, could you imagine the kid sitting next to you in his camaro/mustang/etc. with the v-8 grumbling and when the light turns green you leave him sitting all the while your car hasn't made a sound.

BTW...Tesla is also releasing a Sedan in December that is more along the lines of a luxery car ie....Lexus, Infiniti, BMW.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

love it, that is gorgeous:hurray::hurray:

12. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I am tired of "selling" items on craigslist,making arrangements to have the item with me to meet the person and then they dont call or dont show up at the place we agreed to meet at! :evil:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

To supposedly not have to deal with the general public, I sure do get the STRANGEST phone calls at this job. I'm not used to dealing with folks who talk about jail time like it was a day at the beach. :lol::lol::lol:

14. harleygirl

Had pizza AND ice cream for lunch.

I think I'll go throw up now. :ack::ack::ack:

15. CraigSPL

Had a gyro from Greekos.

16. harleygirl

I needed a 3 hr nap instead. :mrgreen:

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am just really not feeling in work mode today - come on 5pm

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree: I feel like total crap today.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Be careful of complaining girls, wouldn't want you to get labeled as someone who whines and complains non-stop about every little thing. Someone tell me when it's ok to not pretend everything is roses and unicorn farts. :jester:

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You said unicorn farts! That made me LOL! :cheers: