Anniversary Cake

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Jun 23, 2010.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Do any of you know where I can get a good decorated sheet cake?? We are planning an informal gathering to celebrate our golden anniversary. Any suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS, Pat

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can tell you who NOT to use. :evil:

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I recommend contacting Jen at Cleveland Cake and Coffee Co. She works at the Clayton location on Hwy 70 in the same buildings as LOL Comedy Club. She did my parents 50th anniversary cake, and although it was a three tier round cake, it was delicious and beautiful!

4. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

well, if you're looking for an inexpensive cake, I have found that BJ's makes a pretty decent sheet cake. I personally like the cool whip icing and it was very good. I hate that other icing...reminds me of spackle (sp?)If you're looking to spend a little more money, then go with a nice bakery.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I agree that BJ's has awesome cakes if you are looking for something less expensive than a bakery.

KDC - who you talking about? Do tell!

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I may get in trouble for this but JustAnotherMom on here makes the most gorgeous AND delicious cakes!!

7. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

Best cakes

For the best home-made fresh cakes around this area call P-Wee's Creations (Alice Howington) at 550-9122.

8. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    and congrats on the big day!

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I 2nd CC&C....they are not only gorgeous(thay can do ANYTHING), inexpensive but they TASTE yummy too. The red velvet is out of this world!

10. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I agree with CC&C too! Had a birthday cake from there and it was the best cake ( besides my wedding cake :) ) that I have ever had! BJ's has great sheet cakes too!

11. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

Costco has very nice sheet cakes!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i second JAM, she has done a few cakes for me including a wedding shower cake & the wedding cake itself and they were all not only delicious but gorgeous. PM her if you are interested, she can send you pics online of some of the most beautiful and unique cakes i have ever seen. She is awesome and since she does it out of her home, the prices are great, no overhead:hurray::hurray::hurray:

13. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions!! Getting ready to email JAM right now!! Thanks Kaci. Pat