Stuff your kids ruined....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

2. Cleopatra

This was one of my favorites:

[​IMG]

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

The Adult kid I married has ruined more things than my kids.

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

the quote i most remember my dad saying,
    "WE CAN HAVE ANYTHING IN THIS HOUSE WITHOUT YOU KIDS TEARING IT UP!"

DB's wife

5. Cleopatra

I remember hearing that one too, DB's wife!

The worst thing my kids (Thing I) has done was her obsession with powder that lasted several years. I tend to keep stuff locked up (the fridge) and things I care about up high or just put away.

I have walked into my bedroom, and it was a cloudy white haze with everything including her infant sister snow white. I have had Desitin rubbed into the wood frame of my bed. And, she sat/stood in the bottom drawers of my new bureau and broke them off the runners when she was 2 - shortly after I bought it of course.

And all the remotes, the back won't stay on - they are taped with masking tape.

That's about it. Looking at that website, my kids are angels.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think the worst thing DS ever did was when our house in TN was to close in 2 days, he was about 18 months old. He took an orange crayon to the white walls in our hallway. DH was already here and there was no time to re-paint. I used WD-40 and it took it off, but to say I had a moment of heart-failure, would have been an understatement. :lol: I never did figure out where he got it from, I always kept those suckers high up.

I vividly remember once when we were kids, apparently one of us left a crayon in our pocket and it ruined an entire load of clothes in the dryer. My Mom was livid and crayons were banned from then on out. :lol:

My animals have been far worse than the kid ever thought of, Molly ripped a section of Berber carpet up when she was a pup. I spent several hours on my hands and knees with a crochet hook looping it back together. You can't tell it to look at it, but I keep a throw rug over it now just in case. Puppies and kids, if they get quiet, you better figure out what they are up too. :?

Oh, husbands are fun too, DH spilled cordovan shoe polish over the rug in the guest bedroom. I nearly cried when I saw it and he felt so bad. The lid popped off one of those cream shoe polish things when he was in a hurry one morning to get to a client meeting. Hot Shot carpet cleaner got that out for the most part. I know where it is, but if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know.

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

The adult kid I married breaks all the remotes also. They are taped up as well!

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

1 art!
    2 art?
    3 crafty!
    4 poor thing!

DB's wife

9. Cleopatra

My son put a hole in the wall with a baseball in the living room of my newly painted, on the market, house last summer - playing "catch" with the back cushion of the loveseat. WTH was he thinking??? I about cried.

I myself colored a hardwood floor with a green marker (not a sharpie!) slat by slat when I was a kid. My brothers used the dryer to play rocketship - I think that's what's wrong with the one brother who is a flaming liberal ;) "3, 2, 1. BLAST OFF!! <Push Button>" Thump, thump. Thump thump...

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

When my kids were young, music came on vinyl. I remember coming inside from hanging out the laundry, and both of them were using record albums to "skate" on the hardwood floor. 4 albums each, hands and feet.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My first car (79 AMC Spirit (Gremlin version)) on the first weekend after buying it my 16 year old brother asks if he can wash it for $5, I said sure. I later go to check out the job and found he used Comet as the soap.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:shock: How long did you let him live????

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My parents where rather strict regarding the killing of family. :boxing:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That might have qualified as justifiable!!

15. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I'm with kdc1970, animals and husbands are far harder on belongings but I remember my aunt saying, "you kids could break a steel ball!"

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My niece was trying to do something nice for her mom on Mother's Day a few years ago. She scrubbed the bugs off the hood w/ a wire brush she found in the garage.

17. Cleopatra

I tell Thing I if I left her in padded room with two steel balls, she could break one and lose the other.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Still Cool How Crayola crayons are made

19. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Goodness, I can't count the number of things that have been ruined in this home. LOL. Some things that stand out are rare glasses worth a couple hundred a piece, a $500 pool liner by a skateboard, a window by a brother that threw a shoe at another brother, a washing machine, a dishwasher, a riding lawnmower, countless weedwhackers, a toilet by "boats" in it(don't ask), a ceiling fan by a bra being thrown in it, a $1200 door by it being kicked in by a panic stricken kid, drawings on couches, chocolate pudding all over popcorn ceiling, an entire new hardwood floor by a 5 gallon bucket of paint, an entire bathroom ceiling by a water gun, and way too many other things to name off hand. Suffice it to say, my kids have cost us literally thousands and thousands of dollars. BTW, tomorrow the new washing machine comes due to a generous gift from my parents. One day I can look back and laugh at it all. I'm still waiting for that day!

Stephanie--mom to 7

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My daughter spilled something on the carpet in my bedroom and decided to clean it with Bleach. Still have those white areas where she cleaned that sucker. We also still have silly string on the ceiling in the bathroom.

When I was a kid I was not allowed to touch the China. My mother invited someone over and served tea with the China cups and saucers. When my mother left the room I picked one up to sip, seeing my mother coming back into the room I threw the cup and saucer to dispose of them quickly. They both broke against a wall and to this day I am still a little nervous taking the China out.

Gotta love kids,
    Sherry