American Hero

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCMAN919, Jun 28, 2010.

1. NCMAN919

NCMAN919 Active Member

Does anyone have any experience with this sub place?
    It has a sign saying a free 8 inch sub, I always want to stop and get my free sub since that is what they are advertising on the road sign
    Is this legit or do I have to call them out on false advertising

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

...don't know about the offer specifically, but they're good guys with a good product- worth paying for.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

we have eaten at american hero on 70 for a coupla years now. we love it.
    their chicken philly is awesome. my son loves the lamb gyro.
    the chef salad is really good and is enough of a meal for two!!

DB's wife

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, the "fine print" says BOGO.

5. shelly3

shelly3 Active Member

One of the best sub places around. Fresh, made to order.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the best sub place around. their philly cheesesteak is the best around and the chicken philly is outstanding too. cooked fresh to order.

the free 8 in. sub is when you buy an 8 in. sub. For me, the leftover's are always good for lunch the next day. Or a free 16 in. sub is a great deal when feeding two, always starving, teenage boys. :mrgreen:

We L O V E American Hero and are so glad they put one up at 42!

7. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

the pastrami sub is good too! I will agree they are very friendly and remember their customers.

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

believe it or not, it's actually been more like 7 or 8 years now. used to take the boy in while he was in his infant carrier/carseat combo thingy

9. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

Do they ACTUALLY put cheese on their subs?
    Subway- you could replace the amount of cheese they give you with a sheet of paper and you'd get more flavor
    Jersey mikes- I used to go to them until they started storing the cheese so close the meat it was touching (I'm vegetarian so I don't like tasting meat with my cheese!)

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ummm..yeah... as opposed to what? Under it? :jester:

American Hero has great subs and i love their Chef Salad too!! Even their spaghetti and meatballs is pretty darn good!!

11. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

It was an exaggerated statement. Well question really.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

and I'm a smart-arse and couldn't help myself... :jester:

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I've noticed the sign too and I don't see any fine print on it. Seems like false advertising to me, but I'll still give them a try since you guys say it's so good. It would be nice to have a change from Subway.

14. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

The sign is misleading. There is no fine print. It just says free 8" sub. I do like their subs though.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

LOVE American Hero. I think it is buy a sub, drink, and fries and you get a sub free. I do that and just buy an additional drink and share some of the fries.

It's a good deal, good subs, and a good establishment.

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

American Hero - Best Philly Cheesesteaks in the area!

17. KellBell

:iagree:

18. KellBell

there may not be any on the board on the roadside, but it's clearly written on the chalkboard sidewalk sign before you enter the establishment.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

10 times better than subway!!

20. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

THe deal is buy one 8" sub with fries and drink, then you get an 8" sub free. It adds up to $11 and change. Hubby and I do it about once a week-split the fries and we fill the cup with just lemonade, take it home and pour it into two glasses of ice and it is plenty!

Philly cheesesteak is FANTASTIC. Oh and there is no comparison to these guys and subway...NONE!

THey are super nice and always know what we want before going in. Give them a try and you won't be disappointed. The lasagna is amazing also.

Our experience is only at the shop there at 4042. Haven't visited over in Clayton yet...