Flipside changing hands

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Jun 29, 2010.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

http://downtownclayton.blogspot.com/2010/06/breaking-news-flipside-coffee-mill-to.html
    The following is a message from Jodi and Cliff:

"Beside having some great music, and fun this week (Open Mic Tonight with Tracy Wiebeck, Karaoke on Thursday with Greg, and the great music of Mister Mus-My Friend on Friday)ownership of The FlipSide/Coffee Mill will be changing hands July 1st. It's with mixed emotions that we've decided to sell the place. We've had a fantastic time over the years and so many of you are responisble for that. To have been able to bring great music to downtown Clayton from all over the country, to have created Millstock: A Celebration of Music and Art on a rainy Saturday ten years ago and see it develop into something that the entire downtown has embraced, and to have made such great friends, we could not have asked for more! Over the last ten years we've seen the coming and going of various businesses in downtown, and we've had our ups and down, as well. But, it's all because of you that we're still open.

Thank You for all the good times and memories!

With that said, come on down and celebrate the transition with us over the next couple of days. The guys in the kitchen have some wonderful features planned and we're expecting to party it down at Open Mic tonight.
    If you get the chance, stop by tonight or tomorrow night and let's toast one!

Remember, The FlipSide/Coffee Mill is NOT closing. The new owners love the place and with their energy, and vision, will be just making it better and better. We NEED a place like The FlipSide in Downtown. Keep supporting it.

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

News to me. Anyone hear who the the new owners are?

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Dunno, I just saw this on facebook and thought people here might be interested.

4. dgsatman

After thinking about it for 5-10 minutes, I have a hunch. We'll see if my "end stinks" are correct..... ;)

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I know who it is, but I don't know that it is my place to publicly state that so I won't. He is an older gentleman who lives here in Clayton, he has previous experience in running bars & clubs. He and his significant other really love hanging out at the Flipside. He ventured into this with his sons financially, they are not in the area and he is overseeing the day to day ops. I wish them luck in the new venture and hope that they can bring some new business and life to downtown Clayton.

6. dgsatman

Me too. Only live 3 blocks away. Very convenient, and a great place to hang out. 8)

7. Maybe they will fix the A/C. :lol:

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Maybe SS is spending some more of his hard earned cash :confused:

We'll have to wait and see if there is a sports car and an airplane parked outside.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

How long has it been out? I was there last Wednesday and it was out.

10. Cleopatra

Are you waiting on Blus to confirm? lol

11. Was out on Friday.

12. Cleopatra

I was thinking it was pretty recent. We sat outside anyways, so we could chain smoke with our Sweetwaters.

13. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Best of luck to Jodi & Cliff, as well as the new owners.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It's definitely not SS, I promise. :jester:

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Nope, not SS. I've been told nothing but good things about the new owner. :)

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Then it's definitely not him ;)

17. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I promise it's not SS.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Can your DH's band play there, or is too small a venue?

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Tassy, they should be able to one of the members actually does an acoustic act there sometimes.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If you can, make a note to let me know when they'll be playing, would love to go and support them (and see you too ofcourse!),

:cheers: